Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
What was the fix? F5 module?
I have a 21.5 VW Premium Atlas RLine and have the same issues with the audio randomly shutting down. I’d like to know the part as well because the dealership is trying to say that it’s probably my phone/apple CarPlay and not the car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 21.5 VW Premium Atlas RLine and have the same issues with the audio randomly shutting down. I’d like to know the part as well because the dealership is trying to say that it’s probably my phone/apple CarPlay and not the car.
It’s definitely not our phones not the car play. Our car with the radio xm or whatever sounds pretty low. We have the same exact vehicle. I hope theirs an update soon to fix that issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 21.5 Cross Sport SE with standard sound, and I can't crank it past a certain level. When someone starts to sing, then the volume dips. It looks like it's a feature to protect the speakers from overdriving, but it's nonsense! Even at max volume I can talk and hear myself clearly. Does anyone know if there is a VAGcom fix or anything like that? Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
MY car is doing it as well and it is all the time now!! I have 2021 Atlas SEL Premium R Line it's like WTF.....
Mine’s doing it again. At least every 3-5 days, it randomly mutes itself and I need to do a hard restart to the radio to get any volume output. I called the dealership and they said unless they can replicate the error, there’s nothing they can do, since it didn’t register an error on the diagnostic last time I brought it in. Even though I have video of it happening. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got a 21.5 Cross Sport SE with standard sound, and I can't crank it past a certain level. When someone starts to sing, then the volume dips. It looks like it's a feature to protect the speakers from overdriving, but it's nonsense! Even at max volume I can talk and hear myself clearly. Does anyone know if there is a VAGcom fix or anything like that? Thanks!
I’ve taken my car in 4 times for this issue . I was finally told it was a software issue and VW is working on fix . This is terrible !

·
Registered
1 Posts
We dropped ours off at the dealership tonight to get looked at tomorrow. I'll keep you posted

Dropped off at the dealership today and they're ordering a part called the F5 Module which is on back order so it must be a common issue. Hopefully it'll solve the problem.
Has this fixed the issue we just bought 2021.5 Atlas less than a hundred miles on it and the volume issue occurred. Couldn't make outbound calls nothing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue. Once the volume knob gets to about 3/4 of the way up you can keep cranking it all the way to max volume but the sound does not acutally get louder. Has anybody figured out a solution to this yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drove 2 hours yesterday to pick up my brand new 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium R-Line which I had purchased online from the dealer. We took it for a test drive and the radio did nothing, no sound at all. Sales person could not get it to work either. He took it into the shop, 2.5 hours later still not working. Ended up having to get a loaner and drive home. They will be delivering the car when it is fixed. Very disappointed to see this may be an ongoing issue. Please share if you know what may permanently fix the problem - Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our new 2021 Atlas Premium with the Fender System has recently started making a static noise after a few minutes or hour of driving. It almost sounds like a wire is loose, but it doesn’t seem to happen until you turn the volume up a bit and jam out. The static like sound continued for a sec even after turning off the radio. I tend to bump the stereo more than the wife, but being brand new, I should be able to crank it as much as I want without the issue I would think 🤷🏽‍♂️. It is going in on Monday to get looked at. I took a screen shot of the F5 Module recommendation and I will present that info to VW Monday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had a 2021 Atlas Premiun R Line for about 2 months and we have had issues with the audio system output loading (radio won't play mostly, can't speak or hear calls, nav won't load) but everything shows up on the screen. When this happens I have been holding the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will fix the problem but today it wouldn't work and I had no radio or couldn't talk or hear calls. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what's the fix?
We have a 2021 r line atlas (purchased dec 22) and have had the same issues. I found a workaround by hitting the hands free “talk” button on the steering and asking the car to “turn on radio”. Itd say “radio is already on” then the system would kick back in. Now that’s not working either. Super frustrating. We switched from a Toyota that had less bells and whistles but was a SUPER reliable car in every way. Doesn’t bode much confidence in the brand. Disappointing and frustrating.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue. Once the volume knob gets to about 3/4 of the way up you can keep cranking it all the way to max volume but the sound does not acutally get louder. Has anybody figured out a solution to this yet?
VW sent me an email stating fix was coming in august . Wonder if they will make car payment till then ? Terrible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Static? I listen the the AM band quite a bit for morning talk shows, Reds baseball etc. The static interference is horrible. I seem to be a class that has few listeners to AM radio. Static comes through when I hit the windshield squirter. Bizarre! Now, beginning yesterday the back-up view guiding lines when in reverse are not appearing or might appear for 2-3 seconds and then disappear. I would guess that is radio related, too, right? Is the Fender radio all that great vs Bose, Fosgate, Bang & Olufsen. Mark Levinson etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had to create an account to reply. Here is my story, sounds pretty similar to many others....

Bought 2021 Atlas SEL Premium V6 on 1/16/21. The day I brought it home, my husband goes to drive it, calls me and says, "why doesn't the radio work?". I have random, but consistent issues with my infotainment system. The most noticeable is the radio, though I know it happens with the phone too. It will randomly shut off shortly after starting the vehicle. I try to change channels, volume, turn car off/on and nada. When I first noticed it, I didn't know how to hard restart it so I would have to drive around playing music through my phone. Eventually, we learned the hard restart options which fixes the issue every time. If it was 1-2 x/year or something, I might tolerate it. Although random, it happens multiple times/week and sometimes multiple times a day. I bought a BRAND NEW CAR, my infotainment system should work consistently. It's not just the radio, I have lots of issues with my phone through the cars system, but that's harder to log as phones can drop calls, etc. I really believe it's something within the full infotainment system.

I took the car in 2/1/21. They told me they "couldn't reproduce it" and "everything checks out". Honestly, I felt they didn't really believe me. So then I kept a log of EVERY SINGLE TIME it happened, and I took video every time it happened. I made an appt and took the car back in. They had my car for 10 days (provided a loaner). Finally decided they needed some part for the infotainment system that was back ordered. I waited a month for the part to come in, took the car back in for the day for repair. $1700 covered by warranty. Crossed my fingers, said a prayer (though I didn't believe it would actually work) and waited. I went about 7-10 days before it started happening again. I logged each time, video, made an appt and took it back in. This time they kept it for 7 days. Per VW, at this time it "has been escalated", there is no fix at the moment, and to stop bringing the car in for this issue.

Despite this issue, I otherwise LOVE my car. I love how it drives, how it looks, how it feels. I named her (Athena). I want my car to WORK like a new car should work. I called VW to speak with them directly. I have opened a review of my case and they are attempting to look into it. I would encourage you to log what is happening, take video and escalate as well. If they can't fix it, I am going to move forward with the buy back process (aka lemon law). Then I will have to decide if I will wait for the 2022 model and go back to driving my 2012 Honda Pilot, or get something else, or ??? The problem is I don't really want a different car. I liked this one! Makes me sad and so very frustrated. I am still crossing my fingers that VW will figure this out and fix my problem. Please reach out to them and open a review, they seem to not know that there are many of us out here having the same problem.

Good luck! I'll keep you posted....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to create an account to reply. Here is my story, sounds pretty similar to many others....

Bought 2021 Atlas SEL Premium V6 on 1/16/21. The day I brought it home, my husband goes to drive it, calls me and says, "why doesn't the radio work?". I have random, but consistent issues with my infotainment system. The most noticeable is the radio, though I know it happens with the phone too. It will randomly shut off shortly after starting the vehicle. I try to change channels, volume, turn car off/on and nada. When I first noticed it, I didn't know how to hard restart it so I would have to drive around playing music through my phone. Eventually, we learned the hard restart options which fixes the issue every time. If it was 1-2 x/year or something, I might tolerate it. Although random, it happens multiple times/week and sometimes multiple times a day. I bought a BRAND NEW CAR, my infotainment system should work consistently. It's not just the radio, I have lots of issues with my phone through the cars system, but that's harder to log as phones can drop calls, etc. I really believe it's something within the full infotainment system.

I took the car in 2/1/21. They told me they "couldn't reproduce it" and "everything checks out". Honestly, I felt they didn't really believe me. So then I kept a log of EVERY SINGLE TIME it happened, and I took video every time it happened. I made an appt and took the car back in. They had my car for 10 days (provided a loaner). Finally decided they needed some part for the infotainment system that was back ordered. I waited a month for the part to come in, took the car back in for the day for repair. $1700 covered by warranty. Crossed my fingers, said a prayer (though I didn't believe it would actually work) and waited. I went about 7-10 days before it started happening again. I logged each time, video, made an appt and took it back in. This time they kept it for 7 days. Per VW, at this time it "has been escalated", there is no fix at the moment, and to stop bringing the car in for this issue.

Despite this issue, I otherwise LOVE my car. I love how it drives, how it looks, how it feels. I named her (Athena). I want my car to WORK like a new car should work. I called VW to speak with them directly. I have opened a review of my case and they are attempting to look into it. I would encourage you to log what is happening, take video and escalate as well. If they can't fix it, I am going to move forward with the buy back process (aka lemon law). Then I will have to decide if I will wait for the 2022 model and go back to driving my 2012 Honda Pilot, or get something else, or ??? The problem is I don't really want a different car. I liked this one! Makes me sad and so very frustrated. I am still crossing my fingers that VW will figure this out and fix my problem. Please reach out to them and open a review, they seem to not know that there are many of us out here having the same problem.

Good luck! I'll keep you posted....
Whoa, you're experiences have been far worst than my static drowning out the AM signal and now backing up to a picture screen with no guidance to proximity or margins. I am interested to your ongoing plans. I am shattered at the statement to stop bringing the car in for the issue.

If I were in your shoes I might consider a billboard nearest the dealer from whom you bought the car to exclaim VW's attitude and support for their $45k+ Top of the line SUV. Secondly, I would have your attorney address the issues with the VW franchise owner before you go to the secretary of state. Invite 2 or more of your local TV news networks to interview you on a location adjacent to the dealership.

Tom A.
Cincinnati, Ohio

·
Registered
1 Posts
VW sent me an email stating fix was coming in august . Wonder if they will make car payment till then ? Terrible
Who was the email from - a VW dealership or the corp office? I brought my 2021 Atlas Cross Sport back to the dealer for this problem and they said they did a reset on the radio. No difference. I just had 4 new speakers installed thinking the factory speakers couldn't handle the radio. Much better sound quality but no difference with the volume issue. What a waste of money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Static issue solved.
I took my CS SEL Premium with Fender radio to two dealerships for help with this issue and Dealer #2 solved the problem within an hour. I had an appt. at the selling Dealer #1 for 2 weeks and when I arrived I was told they would try to investigate within 2-3 days! The would most likely have to pull the radio and drop the headliner to check antenna connects etc. I left immediately with such a vague expectation of when they would begin to analyze what's what. They did offer me a loaner car when I pressed them.
Dealer #2 got me within 8 business days and welcomed my visit with assurance they would inspect and do their very best to solve the mystery. I waited in a modest waiting room and within the hour was presented with a clean washed car and announcement they had found the issue. The previous selling dealer did a less than satisfactory setup of a new vehicle in the prep process and did not do a reset of codes vs what comes from the factory. Dealer #2 had not encountered such a radio problem before, but their process of inspection identified the conflict and the fix was on.
I must say the service manager of #2 is a mature experienced gentleman who is able to provide good service from a great tech team and was sincerely intending to solve the problem. The service manager of #1 was a flip mid thirties man with a bad attitude and thought he could bluff his was through. My sales guy at Dealer #1 was embarrassed, to say the least, with their service department failure
The service department counts when considering where to purchase an automobile. Price is important, but the service department reputation should be considered, as well. I learned that lesson first hand.
Thx,
Tom A
Cincinnati, Ohio

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had a 2021 Atlas Premiun R Line for about 2 months and we have had issues with the audio system output loading (radio won't play mostly, can't speak or hear calls, nav won't load) but everything shows up on the screen. When this happens I have been holding the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will fix the problem but today it wouldn't work and I had no radio or couldn't talk or hear calls. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what's the fix?
Yes! This is happening in my SEL V6 Premium 2021 Atlas. I had no idea about the 10 second power reset, so THANK YOU! That worked! However, judging from your current issue, I guess I can’t rely on this fix. I brought my atlas to the dealer and they didn’t detect a problem. I will be calling again with the comments in this forum as back up. Thanks again for posting. I hope your problem is resolved soon.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts