Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had a 2021 Atlas Premiun R Line for about 2 months and we have had issues with the audio system output loading (radio won't play mostly, can't speak or hear calls, nav won't load) but everything shows up on the screen. When this happens I have been holding the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will fix the problem but today it wouldn't work and I had no radio or couldn't talk or hear calls. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what's the fix?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Strange strange, my 21 Atlas S while using Car-Play quits and the log in screen comes up and it's frozen or you can shut it off (app button) or switch to the radio. I have two cords, so my wife will plug her iPhone 10 se in and it's still locked.,,,. Shut the car down and wait for a period or unpowered your phone and restart, erase ones bluetooth and start over. And in two days it will do it all over again. Updates,, no luck. It's been to the dealer twice, verified problem once. I can't figure who's end the problem lies.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new 2021 Atlas SEL Premium for a month and have had the same issues. Only from this forum did I learn about the 10 second power button fix, which sometimes works. Also, sometimes Sirius won't load. I'm hoping this gets better...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2021 SE V6 with technology and the stock radio sounds great I felt that I didn't need to buy the fender upgraded radio , so far I have no major issues with the radio, I've had the Apple carplay reset itself while I was driving on the highway maybe 3 times and thought maybe I had a bad cable but so far it's been a good head unit/ radio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We dropped ours off at the dealership tonight to get looked at tomorrow. I'll keep you posted
I have a new 2021 Atlas SEL Premium for a month and have had the same issues. Only from this forum did I learn about the 10 second power button fix, which sometimes works. Also, sometimes Sirius won't load. I'm hoping this gets better...
Dropped off at the dealership today and they're ordering a part called the F5 Module which is on back order so it must be a common issue. Hopefully it'll solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Strange strange, my 21 Atlas S while using Car-Play quits and the log in screen comes up and it's frozen or you can shut it off (app button) or switch to the radio. I have two cords, so my wife will plug her iPhone 10 se in and it's still locked.,,,. Shut the car down and wait for a period or unpowered your phone and restart, erase ones bluetooth and start over. And in two days it will do it all over again. Updates,, no luck. It's been to the dealer twice, verified problem once. I can't figure who's end the problem lies.
Mine did the same thing. I traced it to the fact that I had a protective charging case on the phone. When I removed the case and hooked the phone in, CarPlay worked perfectly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m driving a 2021.5 Atlas. I’ll try the 10 sec fix and see if that helps my minor problems; thanks for that! It takes almost a minute for my radio/nav to start when I first start the car. Is that happening for anyone else? Also, does the right knob do anything, because mine does not. It has that hand gesture feature, but I am unable to use the right knob to actually do anything. It used to preview songs before selecting them in my 19 Atlas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We dropped ours off at the dealership tonight to get looked at tomorrow. I'll keep you posted

Dropped off at the dealership today and they're ordering a part called the F5 Module which is on back order so it must be a common issue. Hopefully it'll solve the problem.
Wanted to let you know problem has been fixed . It took vw about a week and a half to figure it out (they gave us a loner) but so far for the past month or so it has worked perfectly

·
Registered
12 Posts
My radio has taken to jumping in whatever direction I attempt to change the station to, then back to my original, then to the new station. Anyone else getting this glitch? It’s small, I know, but a bit annoying. It’s like if I stepped on the accelerator, then the car braked, and then eventually accelerated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I’d like to know, too. My radio, in addition to the back and forth when changing stations, has now started to mute it self randomly. No volume on any band at all. I have to restart the car or restart the radio by holding the power button on it for ten seconds until it reboots. Neither is ideal, obviously.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, I’d like to know, too. My radio, in addition to the back and forth when changing stations, has now started to mute it self randomly. No volume on any band at all. I have to restart the car or restart the radio by holding the power button on it for ten seconds until it reboots. Neither is ideal, obviously.
Ours is just a few days old from delivery. This morning the audio iis not working. Turned the radio off and on a few times, then the car and still didn’t fix it. Let it sit for 30 minutes and it came on when I started the car. The Fender audio logo came up on the screen. Not sure that I recall seeing that before.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you press and hold the power button, for about 10 sec, it will do like a soft reset of the radio. You don’t lose any presets or anything, but it will reset the XM that’s stored in cache.
Turned to an new XM station, luckily found a song the wife loves (cause you can’t set favorite songs or artists anymore like in the 2019 - dumb) that was almost over, went to rewind it and it stopped making sound. Had to hold down the power for 10 sec and then got the sound back, but couldn’t rewind the song. So much for progress. My 2019 Atlas radio never had any trouble, nor did the nav. New Atlas is a pain in both respects. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had a 2021 Atlas Premiun R Line for about 2 months and we have had issues with the audio system output loading (radio won't play mostly, can't speak or hear calls, nav won't load) but everything shows up on the screen. When this happens I have been holding the power button in for 10 seconds or so and it will fix the problem but today it wouldn't work and I had no radio or couldn't talk or hear calls. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what's the fix?
MY car is doing it as well and it is all the time now!! I have 2021 Atlas SEL Premium R Line it's like WTF.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok so on a different note is anyone having problems with the audio lowering the hole playing music or is it just mine or is that just a VW thing. I have ‘21 atlas cross sport with technology and the regular sound system not the fender.

1 Posts
I have a 2021 SE V6 with technology and the stock radio sounds great I felt that I didn't need to buy the fender upgraded radio , so far I have no major issues with the radio, I've had the Apple carplay reset itself while I was driving on the highway maybe 3 times and thought maybe I had a bad cable but so far it's been a good head unit/ radio
Hi. I have a 2021 SEL Cross Sport. The sound is great indeed considering it is the stock speakers and not the fender however it doesn't get Loud enough ( You know the moment you hear your favorite song and just want to blast it for a few minutes). Is this just me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. I have a 2021 SEL Cross Sport. The sound is great indeed considering it is the stock speakers and not the fender however it doesn't get Loud enough ( You know the moment you hear your favorite song and just want to blast it for a few minutes). Is this just me?
Yes omg I thought we were the only ones that had the same problem. I hate it and when you put the volume all the way up it just seems to lower the audio as they sing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes omg I thought we were the only ones that had the same problem. I hate it and when you put the volume all the way up it just seems to lower the audio as they sing
I am not sure why it does this. I don’t think it is a problem with the system. I think the system is designed to do that. The only sub fix I was able to find is that if you go to Bluetooth audio settings you can choose between low, mid and loud. Putting it at loud it makes it a bit better

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am not sure why it does this. I don’t think it is a problem with the system. I think the system is designed to do that. The only sub fix I was able to find is that if you go to Bluetooth audio settings you can choose between low, mid and loud. Putting it at loud it makes it a bit better
Yeah we did that but still doesn’t sound as good as we thought it would sound but other then that the car is great

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah we did that but still doesn’t sound as good as we thought it would sound but other then that the car is great
Agree. I never had a VW and other then the sound I am really happy with it. Guess next time will need the premium upgrade. Enjoy your ride

1 - 20 of 40 Posts