Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is getting what for fuel mileage?? I'm up here in Ontario Canada and am getting terrible mileage now after a software update that caused them to replace my catalytic convertors after (2 month wait) . VW says it's my driving and or colder weather. We bought this back in May and was averaging 550km 12.7km per 100km (18.5 mpg) to a tank to 400km 16.6km per 100km (14.1 mpg). Anyone out there can you tell me what your getting??

·
Registered
111 Posts
My MPG has surely gotten less since the cold weather kicked in my area. During that period of time my avg dropped by about 2 MPG. just keep monitoring your drive habits and weather condition fluctuations and see how things go.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Fuelly is a great way to monitor what fellow owners are getting in regards to real world fuel economy. For 2019 models the average currently sits at 16.7mpg. You can look here at case by case results.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes I did check and that was what we were getting when we started driving it around 18-19mpg
Look at this link as it gives some idea what to expect in cold weather. I believe this year we are experiencing a colder cweather than the prior yea (at least for me in my area)

·
Registered
1 Posts
terrible mileage!

Who is getting what for fuel mileage?? I'm up here in Ontario Canada and am getting terrible mileage now after a software update that caused them to replace my catalytic convertors after (2 month wait) . VW says it's my driving and or colder weather. We bought this back in May and was averaging 550km 12.7km per 100km (18.5 mpg) to a tank to 400km 16.6km per 100km (14.1 mpg). Anyone out there can you tell me what your getting??

Hi, just bought a month ago. its not even going 275 km with full tank (70L). how much you are getting now?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Me too. 2018 SEL V6 AWD. Live on a steep hill in San Francisco. Mostly just use it to pick up kids from school, which is 14 miles round trip. Freeway miles traveling at 75mph is half of the trip (7 miles). Flat city driving at 35mph is 3 miles. Hilly terrain with many stop signs account for 3 miles. A long downhill stretch without stops accounts for 1 miles.

On this trip, I clock 39mpg on my 2014 Prius V (wagon); with my Atlas, I only get 11-14mpg. I drive like a normal male with kids in the car: safe and not crazy fast, but very far from grandma driving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We average 20.5+ mpg here in North Alabama, mostly the wife taking our oldest to school and her increasingly frequent O.B. appts. in prep for our third son. The absolute best I've gotten out of a tank is 26.5mpg at a near consistent 60mph for the whole tank. When I get the Atlas for a whole tank, I beat 23mpg regularly, but the wife isn't as well versed in hypermiling techniques as I am. I log all of our tanks on fueleconomy.gov to track trends and mileage. Accelerate more gently, anticipate stop lights and coast to them, keep your RPMs low and drive the posted speed limit. The best MPG gain can be had by adjusting the nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
111 Posts
We average 20.5+ mpg here in North Alabama, mostly the wife taking our oldest to school and her increasingly frequent O.B. appts. in prep for our third son. The absolute best I've gotten out of a tank is 26.5mpg at a near consistent 60mph for the whole tank. When I get the Atlas for a whole tank, I beat 23mpg regularly, but the wife isn't as well versed in hypermiling techniques as I am. I log all of our tanks on fueleconomy.gov to track trends and mileage. Accelerate more gently, anticipate stop lights and coast to them, keep your RPMs low and drive the posted speed limit. The best MPG gain can be had by adjusting the nut behind the wheel.
LOL. Yes I agree with you in every way as this my driving habits too and that is why in my last 3 cars the brakes never needed to be changed for over 6 years of ownership. The driving habits for sure is the main contributor to MPG. I give you an example driving (in my prior car) a 290 mile trip of which the first half was driven by my brother and the 2nd half by me. This was MPG: Him 18.7 (95% highway) me 27.9 (90% highway). This was a drive from VA to NY. the car stated hwy MPG was 23. Oh yes on both sides the avg trip speed was around 60 mph (including stops) .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts