Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Atlas SE that is shutting down at random times when it is put into park. This is not the auto stop/start feature. It is completely turning the car off and must be restarted again. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Only if I open the driver door with autostop on...then it will shut all the way off and has to be restarted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2019 Atlas SE that is shutting down at random times when it is put into park. This is not the auto stop/start feature. It is completely turning the car off and must be restarted again. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Same here. I put the car in park, it shuts off, so then I have to restart it again to shut of the engine. Have you spoken with anyone at the dealership about it yet?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the SEL with digital display so I get a message when this happens. Message says the engine shuts off in Park intentionally to be eco friendly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the SEL with digital display so I get a message when this happens. Message says the engine shuts off in Park intentionally to be eco friendly.
That's interesting..just doesn't seem like it should shut off immediately like it does. It would make more sense if you were to put your vehicle in park and if it sat in park for more than 30 seconds etc, that it would do that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
That's interesting..just doesn't seem like it should shut off immediately like it does. It would make more sense if you were to put your vehicle in park and if it sat in park for more than 30 seconds etc, that it would do that.
Mine does that too. To avoid that happening, I take the seatbelt off (which I do when I am in a parking situation or shut the Auto Stop/Stat off. If you pay attention to this for a few times you will get used to it and becomes part of every day life. Yes it is annoying when it happens and you go to shut it and restart it instead. However, there is nothing we can do about it as the eco friendly laws are on place and Auto manufacturers need to use those to get their higher MPG ratings to meet Fed Requirements. If anyone is annoyed with this and don't want the feature their is OBD Eleven or Carista to mod and permenatly shut the Auto Stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts