Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I looking for new vehicle, smitten by the Atlas. Narrowed our choice down (up) to the SEL. Today we visited a dealer and discovered it has a trailer hitch, with a horrible cut-out in the rear bumper - SAD!!! We don't need/want a trailer hitch that is a $800 + option on the non-SEL models. Really degrades the appearance of an otherwise stunning vehicle. Rather spend that $$$ on 2nd row captain chairs!!! Dealer didn't know it was standard let alone if you can order an SEL w/out the hitch. Had an on-line chat with VW, advised to speak with a dealer about ordering an SEL w/out the hitch. Any thoughts and/or experience to share?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had the opposite problem. I would have been happy with a launch edition 4motion, but couldn't get the 5000# towing package that I need. So, SEL is on order. They've standardized these too tightly, so that alot of potential customers are turned off or less than happy with what they have to accept.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE: A dealer contacted me and shared that VW will accept an order for a SEL w/out the hitch, and reduce the cost accordingly. Kudos to VW if that's accurate. I do see that the hitch is currently "unavailable at this time" on non-SEL models but remains an option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had someone at VW corporate respond to my questions about why I couldn't get a launch edition w/ hitch with the info that it was decided to offer all V6 versions with the hitch option - but, it wouldn't happen until probably next year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts