Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Atlas a few days ago. I am lucky enough to have a blizzard today in NJ.

Drove the car into Manhattan, no problem. Went home, snow was already 6 inches deep. The Atlas just cruised thru it like a hot knife cutting thru butter.

I traded in my Ml 350 Mercedes, very pleased with my Atlas. I would do it again.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Here's a video of me driving my SE 4 motion in the ice and snow.
Stock all season tires. Would be amazing with snows on.
The video is my first on YouTube so it's kind of cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB5whtzjqj8
Have you by any chance try to throw it around in the snow just to see what limitations it has? With all cars I have owned that has been a key part to driving in winter weather conditions confidently.
If you haven't already, I suggest you do!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I learned without trying how normal a/s type touring tires work in snow/slush. Slide right through a intersection one day. Good thing about it, a big cargo van did the same thing and he was right next to me. So, I ended up putting on some Mich Ice X tires. Night and day. Car would get up and off the line in wet or snow/ice conditions. I removed them when the temps start creeping up to the 40's. And put them back on around mid Nov (Michigan). Ran them for 3 seasons. But sold the car back to VW and then sold the tires to one of the VW guys (dealer). This was a 2013 Passat TDi SEL pre. But if it gets too nasty, I just drive the Jeep. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.