Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
909 Posts
Yes, it is a SEL R-Line
It's possible that the "manuever braking" is what kicked in - different than the front assist/collision avoidance system. I had to turn mine off b/c of issues coming/going from our driveway. This works through the parking system and you can turn it off in the parking menu (have to scroll down to see it).

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 Atlas died while driving. No warning just died. Would no longer start. Had it towed to dealer. So far they say that I need a new Cylinder seal and a camshaft replacement . They still can't start car. Oh and a few weeks ago they had to replace the water pump because it was leaking. I haven't had the car 2 yrs yet. The more I read symptoms I have already signaled a few issues I have had since buying the car all has been brushed off on bad sensors. Obviously its under warranty but i am afraid I have a lemon. What recourse do I have against VW?
I had this happen also mine is same year also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Join the club. Call VWofA and open a case. I have a 2019 atlas that has had 6 -8 service visits in the first 12 months of ownership. I should have a decision from VW corp to buy back next week. I have the Coolant come on almost every month the last 3 months but they cant find the cause. so far they have replaced the push button start, replaced front suspension, and replaced the rear climate screen. By far the worst auto Ive ever owned. If they dont do the right thing and buy this POS back, I will be trading it in.
What was the outcome of your claim?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Join the club. Call VWofA and open a case. I have a 2019 atlas that has had 6 -8 service visits in the first 12 months of ownership. I should have a decision from VW corp to buy back next week. I have the Coolant come on almost every month the last 3 months but they cant find the cause. so far they have replaced the push button start, replaced front suspension, and replaced the rear climate screen. By far the worst auto Ive ever owned. If they dont do the right thing and buy this POS back, I will be trading it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I have had the same issue with mine as well ( 2019 VW Atlas R-Line SEL) several times with my granddaughter in the vehicle. I was at the stop light and when the light turned green and I got off the break the engine never restarted. I also still had the vehicle systems seemed to be working, but the engine was not working. I had the message to manually restart the vehicle in the message center, so I had to put the vehicle in park and push the star button to get going again. Both times it happened I had traffic behind me while all other lanes were moving.
Late to the party but did you ever figure this out? I’m having this same issue and I’m being blown off by VW.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts