Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Just picked up a '20 Cross Sport V6 SE w/ Technology (but not the R Line). I'm not a fan of the silver-colored lower grill on the front of the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar dislike, and how you might have solved it. I'm thinking of buying some cheap matte black wrap to put on the silver and see if I like the blended black look. Also, thinking of having it painted the body color (pure gray). I know the R Line would have solved the problem, but I actually prefer the matte black trim on three sides of the regular SE. Thanks in advance for any ideas/comments.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Agreed! My car is white an I plan on wrapping the upper grill chrome black but not sure about the lower grill for now. If you wrap it, post it up I would love to see it. I'm also planning on having my head and taillights tinted as well!

·
Registered
33 Posts
New member here. Just picked up a '20 Cross Sport V6 SE w/ Technology (but not the R Line). I'm not a fan of the silver-colored lower grill on the front of the car. I'm wondering if anyone else has a similar dislike, and how you might have solved it. I'm thinking of buying some cheap matte black wrap to put on the silver and see if I like the blended black look. Also, thinking of having it painted the body color (pure gray). I know the R Line would have solved the problem, but I actually prefer the matte black trim on three sides of the regular SE. Thanks in advance for any ideas/comments.
I have a '21 Atlas SE in gray. I color-matched it with the body color: Painted the Trapezoid on the Lower Front Bumper

·
Registered
2021.5 SEL
3 Posts
It sure is and even more so when you are totally murdered out! I love the look! I wanted a black ACS but we just got rid of a black car and still have a black car. So went white. What wheel set up do you have it looks awesome!
Thanks 255/50R20 on 20x9et27 with H&R sport springs. Nothing crazy, but the drop and offset helped fill the wheel well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for posting these. The black lower grille looks great! I recently bought a pure grey se w/ tech and agree that all of the bright silver just doesnt match the color. I like to keep my vehicles stock, but I might give plastidip a go to see how it looks in person.

·
Registered
2022 VW Atlas SE 2.0L
1 Posts
I’ve gone black as well. The silver lower grill was such an eyesore
View attachment 2209
View attachment 2210
Hi - I really like how your blacked out front lower bumper looks on the Atlas.
I have a similar 2022 black atlas and want to get the same done.

Do you mind sharing how much it cost you and what paint color you used to match the trim so well? Also, do you know if just that piece comes off or the entire bumper needs to come off to paint it?

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts