Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im new in VW brand so I just got a Altas Cross Sport Se R line 2021 and im not sure if this is a issue or it’s a normal thing with the volume, i settings the volume on higher level but some how the sound goes up and down specially on music which have bass, its feels like my volume is on lower level which is not, and also when the lever reaches a specific level after that nothing it changes it on screen shows volume is goin up but nothing is changing on real sound, i just wondering if anyone has experiencing same issue or this is normal because I hadn’t have this issue with my other cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, im new in VW brand so I just got a Altas Cross Sport Se R line 2021 and im not sure if this is a issue or it’s a normal thing with the volume, i settings the volume on higher level but some how the sound goes up and down specially on music which have bass, its feels like my volume is on lower level which is not, and also when the lever reaches a specific level after that nothing it changes it on screen shows volume is goin up but nothing is changing on real sound, i just wondering if anyone has experiencing same issue or this is normal because I hadn’t have this issue with my other cars
Hello. I have been with the VW brand for many years. We are having the same problem with our 2021.5 Atlas SEL R-line. I am sitting at the dealership right now and they verified my complaint. This is the second time I have brought it in with this issue. If there is a fix I will let you know.
BTW, our 2019 Atlas did not have this problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello. I have been with the VW brand for many years. We are having the same problem with our 2021.5 Atlas SEL R-line. I am sitting at the dealership right now and they verified my complaint. This is the second time I have brought it in with this issue. If there is a fix I will let you know.
BTW, our 2019 Atlas did not have this problem.
Any luck with your service?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes and no. They reset the infotainment system via OBD and that seemed to "solve" the problem. The volume did go all the way up to 100%, but the sound wasn't the greatest. The next day I went to drive the Atlas and it is back to where it was before. So it looks like another visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I knew what I know now about the 2021 Atlas Cross Sport and the quirks and issues it has , I would have never purchased it. First there is an issue with the audio. With no volume. I’ve taken it to Service and they told me that this is a common quirk with the 2021s. So I have no volume with my Pandora to Apple play, and my phone does not hook up the Apple play unless I have to make sure my phones connected and all the steps before I even hit the road. Then I discovered you can’t charge your phone unless it’s running so you can’t leave a device in a car to charge, while you’re running your errands. And I also discovered that you cannot leave your car running without a key. my husband walked away with the keys in his pocket in the car shut down and I sat in a hot car. And once I wanted to leave it running while I was inside to keep my groceries cool. Could not lock it. Does anybody have any solutions we need these issues?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here is the reply from VW Corporate;
more people need to complain
just wonderful.

[email protected]

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us to provide your feedback. We understand that forums may state the same experience. At this time, there is no information to provide regarding a software update. It is best to visit your local VW Dealership to have vehicle concerns addressed. If there is a recall, or software update in the future, you will be notified by mail.

Best,

Jamisha K.
Digital Operations Advocate, Volkswagen Customer CARE

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
3800 Hamlin Rd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I knew what I know now about the 2021 Atlas Cross Sport and the quirks and issues it has , I would have never purchased it. First there is an issue with the audio. With no volume. I’ve taken it to Service and they told me that this is a common quirk with the 2021s. So I have no volume with my Pandora to Apple play, and my phone does not hook up the Apple play unless I have to make sure my phones connected and all the steps before I even hit the road. Then I discovered you can’t charge your phone unless it’s running so you can’t leave a device in a car to charge, while you’re running your errands. And I also discovered that you cannot leave your car running without a key. my husband walked away with the keys in his pocket in the car shut down and I sat in a hot car. And once I wanted to leave it running while I was inside to keep my groceries cool. Could not lock it. Does anybody have any solutions we need these issues?
Me too, i have same car same year and it lots of issues and lack of
Here is the reply from VW Corporate;
more people need to complain
just wonderful.

[email protected]

Hello Stephanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us to provide your feedback. We understand that forums may state the same experience. At this time, there is no information to provide regarding a software update. It is best to visit your local VW Dealership to have vehicle concerns addressed. If there is a recall, or software update in the future, you will be notified by mail.

Best,

Jamisha K.
Digital Operations Advocate, Volkswagen Customer CARE

Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
3800 Hamlin Rd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
United States of America
I have same car, and I can’t believe a German car has this many issues they have lack of technology issues I guess, volume problem, brake problem, technology problem, quality problem……
Im so disappointed from my purchase also, im so agree with you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts