Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
WHat do I need to do to start a buyback process. My car does not even have 1000 miles on it. and I have had it in the shop almost 3 of the 4 weeks I have owned it.
What’s wrong with it? I would not start a buyback until you have met your states lemon law criteria. Then contact VW corporate. My buyback has been approved and waiting to surrender the car

·
Registered
13 Posts
The check engine light keeps coming on. The first time they couldn't find anything wrong. The second time thw light came on the #3 fuel injector was replaced. We drove it 157 miles and the light came back on a again. The computer showed a misfire and then didn't show anything else. They have had it since Sunday this time. Im really discouraged.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The check engine light keeps coming on. The first time they couldn't find anything wrong. The second time thw light came on the #3 fuel injector was replaced. We drove it 157 miles and the light came back on a again. The computer showed a misfire and then didn't show anything else. They have had it since Sunday this time. Im really discouraged.
Are you familiar with your states lemon laws? Don’t mention this to them, but be familiar. Once you have met the criteria, contact VW to initiate a buyback or replacement

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just started the buyback request on a 2020 VW cross sport. At 5,000 miles axle broke, 12,000 miles sway bar broke, windshield installed wrong. We have also experienced a few electrical issues.
VW claims I will be hearing back from them by tomorrow. I will update when I hear back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is my current situation. I have had this noise for months and it’s been in the shop for more than 3 times to resolve this. End links replaced... link arm replaced and steering gear replaced. They actually think it’s the steering gear again. Yet it was just replaced in April. 9000 miles. The issues started around 5000 miles. In the middle of a buyback. Will know more in a few weeks.
sounds exactly like what I am experiencing. We had the sway bar end links replaced TWICE within the first 3 months of owning the car. Just hit one year and our car starting making that steering noise. They are replacing the steering rack this week. On top of that, it was serviced 3 times for the air conditioning before they finally ran a diagnostic and had to replace an A/C component. We've also had to replace a defective air bag part for the rear restraint system. Just started the buyback process today for the 2020 Atlas.

What was your outcome?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is doing this exact same thing! They have already replaced the steering rack and the sound came back… Now they want to replace swaybar links… I do not know what to do anymore I just contacted Volkswagen Corp. and we are requesting g buyback. Never done this before.. worried my request won’t even work . How did yours work out? Help!!
any update on your car? we had the end links replaced twice and they are replacing the steering rack this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just started the buyback request on a 2020 VW cross sport. At 5,000 miles axle broke, 12,000 miles sway bar broke, windshield installed wrong. We have also experienced a few electrical issues.
VW claims I will be hearing back from them by tomorrow. I will update when I hear back.
any update? I just started the buyback process today.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Starting the buy back process. Im expercing the same problem with the steering and their lazy excuse is to replace the sway bar links. There is a tsb to correct the issue. Car has been at the dealer for a month and they dont know what the **** they are doing. Entire dashboard was taken apart to replace ac parts. No phone calls from Dealer on status updates not even once, i had to call. Lemon Law in NJ states 20 consecutive days out of service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surprisingly...VW bought back my atlas, paid off all outstanding loans, made me whole on my trade-in and cash down, and while I won’t buy another VW, they also provided me with a voucher for a new or CPO Audi or VW. After it was all said and done I took my refund and got a Volvo XC90 and couldn’t be happier. Best of luck to everyone on this forum, keep pushing, don’t back down, make sure VW understands it’s not just about cost of repair but also potential threat of injury to yourself those that may be In the car with you (I.e. your family) and those around you on the road that are unaware of an issue that may disable your vehicle at any moment. Though a long and brutal process they came through and made me whole. Stay safe and healthy out there.
What all was wrong with your Volkswagen did you get the bbb involved

41 - 49 of 49 Posts