Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Atlas owners,

We’re seriously considering the Atlas but wonder if our quite substantial dog crate would fit vertically if we fold one of the 3rd row seats down. The crate is 23in wide. I read that the hip room in the third row is only 45in. I’m hoping the seat width is a bit bigger than the hip room.

Would you please help provide this information? The width of each 3rd row seat. I cannot seem to find it online anywhere.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
At the bottom, at the narrowest point it is about 22 3/4" from the side panel/armrest to the back of the other seat. The bottom side of the seat back is hard plastic and there's not any give to squeeze something in if it doesn't fit.

Since the side armrest actually angles outward as it goes up it might be possible to build some kind of platform to sit the crate on to elevate it a few inches to the point where it can fit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The problem with trying to elevate it is that as you get higher, the side of the vehicle starts curving in towards the headliner. You only have about 28" of total height at the armrest. So if you built a 4" platform your crate's max height would be 24".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem with trying to elevate it is that as you get higher, the side of the vehicle starts curving in towards the headliner. You only have about 28" of total height at the armrest. So if you built a 4" platform your crate's max height would be 24".
Thank you so much for the measurements and suggestions!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts