Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the Atlas as an option. Are either or both the second-row seating options removable? (preferably easy-to-remove like van-type seats... but even if they are relatively simple bolt ins.. .that would be acceptable too. Just checking as I'd rarely need the seats and would rather have the raw capacity.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The bench seats are not removable, if you mean to pop them out and snap them back in. They do fold flat, so I don't know why you would want to remove them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, mean remove them to gain the cargo space. Fairly common in vehicles of this size. Not concerned if they aren't "pop out" or easy removal seats... but often it's just a matter of a few bolts and you have them out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like Barry above, I'm not sure why you'd want to remove them but I'd be less concerned about the bolts than what I'd have to do with the electrical connectors (seatbelt signals, seat heating circuits, etc.). They truly are fold flat seats, not sure that the little bit of extra room you'd gain would be worth the trouble of removing and storing the seats. That said, should just be a few bolts, disconnect the electrical connectors and out they come.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2021 SEL. 4 bolts to remove the seat. Seat belt wasn’t an issue, as they’re mounted to the car and no wires to deal with on the captains chair. I replaced the bolts adding tie down hooks. Peace!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 SEL. 4 bolts to remove the seat. Seat belt wasn’t an issue, as they’re mounted to the car and no wires to deal with on the captains chair. I replaced the bolts adding tie down hooks. Peace!
What do you mean by tie down hooks to hold the seats in place? I stripped one of the bolts when removing the seats. I've struggled to find the correct replacement bolt.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What do you mean by tie down hooks to hold the seats in place? I stripped one of the bolts when removing the seats. I've struggled to find the correct replacement bolt.
I reused the 4 bolts for the captains chair with tie down anchors. Didn’t want to lose the bolts and added some functionality. They’ll probably never get used, as I put a dog bed there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts