Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I for the life of me can't figure out how to answer or hang up a phone call from the steering wheel. Is there a way to do this, or is it only through the touchscreen on the infotainment system?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Usually when someone calls it appears in the gauge cluster and says something like answer - "ok" - which means you press the ok button on the wheel. I believe hang up is also OK. For car play and Android auto I can't remember if it is the same or if it is only in the touchscreen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should clarify: I use Apple CarPlay. Calls pop up on the infotainment and I have to answer or hang up from there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately it seems as though there isn't much "transmission" between carplay/Android auto and the gauge cluster. While the factory headunit interfaces pretty well with the gauge cluster (maps, Sirius and FM channel info, etc), it seems like most features of Android auto at least, don't cross the infotainment to gauge cluster "threshold". I know for me, when I am playing music it just says "Android auto audio" and Google/Waze can't swap to the cluster.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I noticed today that when I get a call (android auto) the caller name (and picture if you have one) appears in the gauge cluster - I think it said "ok" to answer. Once you pick up though only the infotainment screen shows a "hang up" option. You can switch the gauge cluster display to the "phone screen" as well and then you get the option of pressing OK to hang up. I wonder if you can hang up by pressing OK even if it doesn't say so....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts