Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone - Just picked up a 2019 SEL R-Line for my wife a couple weeks ago and found this forum today! I'm hoping I can learn a lot about this car from this community and also share anything I learn!

I just got the front windows tinted (35%), XPEL Clear Bar on the entire front end & Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic Coating done. I also ordered the DeAutoLED de360 fog light bulbs and hope to get those installed this weekend.

~Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Everyone - Just picked up a 2019 SEL R-Line for my wife a couple weeks ago and found this forum today! I'm hoping I can learn a lot about this car from this community and also share anything I learn!

I just got the front windows tinted (35%), XPEL Clear Bar on the entire front end & Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ceramic Coating done. I also ordered the DeAutoLED de360 fog light bulbs and hope to get those installed this weekend.

~Matt
Congrats and very nice the color you have is the one I wanted until the wife talked me out of it as this would have been my 5th car in a row with silver family color. I do recommend the mud flaps as well as the window wind deflectors. I have put those two on and added to its looks. Next in line for my atlas is the step boards but I am waiting to find the retractable ones and hoping the main one does come out with one that fits the Atlas.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome Matt and congrats on your new Atlas. Sounds like you're taking all the right steps to keep your new car in peak condition. What was your wife driving previously? Bet she's thrilled with the new upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome Matt and congrats on your new Atlas. Sounds like you're taking all the right steps to keep your new car in peak condition. What was your wife driving previously? Bet she's thrilled with the new upgrade.
She had a 2011 GMC Acadia which was totaled a few weeks ago in one of the many snow storms we've gotten this season here in Chicago. The back-end got loose on her and she drifted into oncoming traffic and went head to head with a Ford F-150. Luckily, she was okay and walked away with just bruises and soreness as the Acadia took on a lot of damage. She loves the Atlas thus far - her favorite option is the 2nd row captain's chairs. Before her GMC, she had a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT that was slightly modified and cranked out 470awhp/460awtq - I've had to tone down her power levels over the years haha!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that the misses was okay and this is quite the change from her previous cars. Has she noticed to performance change from vehicle to vehicle lol?

·
Registered
256 Posts
that tint percentage looks great and shouldn't get you in trouble with law enforcement although it comes down to their discretion initially

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha yes, she's noticed a change in performance for sure - she really misses having the SRT, but it's nice not having to pump premium into a gas tank almost twice a week. The tint that was applied to the front windshields is 35% and I'm hoping agrees with Illinois requirements of:

(2) On vehicles where none of the windows to the rear of the driver's seat are treated in a manner that allows less than 35% light transmittance, a nonreflective tinted film that allows at least 35% light transmittance, with a 5% variance observed by any law enforcement official metering the light transmittance, may be used on the vehicle windows immediately adjacent to each side of the driver.

But you are correct in that it comes down to their discretion!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bet that this does create some need to get a tune done and to be honest you couldn't have picked a better brand. VW and Audi products get a lot of support
As this point I bet that tunes are available for the Atlas or will soon arrive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stock 280hp 265lb-ft
Stage 1 301hp 291lb-ft $549 93 Octane (98 RON)

Looks like Malonetuning has a tune for the 3.6 but you're going to need premium.

I think this would be the 2.0T or malone would do a little tweaking but it's probably the same motor in the atlas and tiguan and car version.

2.0T 211hp
Stock 215hp 262lb-ft

Stage 1 265hp 330lb-ft 549 91 Octane / 95 RON

Stage 1.5 269hp 343lb-ft 599 93 Octane / 98 RON

Stage 2 279hp 355lb-ft 649 93 Octane / 98 RON, exhaust Upgrade

I'd rather tune a diesel as the fuel stays the same price, though they don't do a switch on the fly which would be great if you don't feel like or can't find 93 octane on a trip or something.

Looks like the 2.0 would be the quickest option.
According to car and driver..
0 to 60 mph in 7.2 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 15.6 at 91 mph. Both figures bettered the results we recorded for an all-wheel-drive Atlas V-6, which needed 7.9 seconds to hit the mile-a-minute mark and 16.0 seconds to cross the quarter-mile at 89 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Even though we passed on the Atlas (we are in Florida), the dealer was charging $500 it dealer installed tint... Only had a 5 year warranty on tint. Looked like they tinted front, rear, and liftgate.

If we got the Atlas, I was gonna ask for $1,000 just because of the tint... since it WILL bubble and there is more labor down the road to remove old tint and apply new tint. But alas, we never got that far in the negotiation.

Anyway..seemed odd that in Florida, Atlas SUVs do not have factory tinted glass. Does Atlas have factory tinted glass?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts