Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with connecting to Android auto? 90% of the time i have to go to the app menu and choose android and then confirm i want to connect. It is very annoying. I know w my past cars once i plug in it just connects and remembers my phone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You will probably get more responses in the electronic section. But to answer your question, aside from the occasional glitch in reading text messages, I almost never have issues with AA. Have you tried a different cable? I had a bad cable once that wouldn't stay connected.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
What year Atlas? When I plug it it works without an issues.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had similar issues with my iPhone and it was the connection at my phone. New phone and no problem. Try another AA phone

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2019. I have tried the usb next to the lighter and the usb in the console with different cords. I'll putz around some more and see what i find

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not I tech guy, but due to job I have to keep up with updates on my personal phone (a Blackberry of all things on-but that is another story) and to me this sounds like you might also see if you have latest version of AA as well as other supporting apps. Our BlackBerrys (wife has one too) connect 100% with AA w/o issues.

I notice this on Android stuff (my BlackBerry uses this operating system) where stuff just stops working once it isn't up to date or if it has not had a "hard boot" in sometime-my smart TV and tablet are also famous for these shenanigans...also Android.

Given what sounds like an intermittent connection issue a contact issue is more likely-just think the updates side worth mentioning.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else having issues with connecting to Android auto? 90% of the time i have to go to the app menu and choose android and then confirm i want to connect. It is very annoying. I know w my past cars once i plug in it just connects and remembers my phone.
2018 Atlas and similar experience. Most of the time I have to reverify. Use the car mostly for longer trips so only moderately annoying. Haven't messed around trying to fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts