Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium with the upgraded MIB 3 head unit. I use Android Auto every time I'm in the car and it connects just fine every time, I really have no complaints with it aside from one minor thing that really annoys me... It appears they changed the resolution of Android Auto in MIB 3 to account for the pull down menu at the top of the screen, and just put a black bar that's about a centimeter in height at the top. I know this is a minor thing, but it annoys me that it doesn't use the full screen real estate since 8 inches isn't even all that big on modern cars these days. I traded in my Tiguan with the older system and it used the whole screen. Anybody else notice this and found a workaround? It'd be nice if they addressed this in a future software update.

Pics of what I'm talking about:

Mobile phone Telephony Product Mobile device Portable communications device

Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Portable communications device Mobile device

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got a 2021.5 Atlas SEL Premium with the upgraded MIB 3 head unit. I use Android Auto every time I'm in the car and it connects just fine every time, I really have no complaints with it aside from one minor thing that really annoys me... It appears they changed the resolution of Android Auto in MIB 3 to account for the pull down menu at the top of the screen, and just put a black bar that's about a centimeter in height at the top. I know this is a minor thing, but it annoys me that it doesn't use the full screen real estate since 8 inches isn't even all that big on modern cars these days. I traded in my Tiguan with the older system and it used the whole screen. Anybody else notice this and found a workaround? It'd be nice if they addressed this in a future software update.

Pics of what I'm talking about:

View attachment 2275

View attachment 2276
Hi, I've noticed the same issue on my 2021 GLI. The black bar at the top in Android Auto is a bit annoying. Have you figured out if there is a way to get rid of it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I've noticed the same issue on my 2021 GLI. The black bar at the top in Android Auto is a bit annoying. Have you figured out if there is a way to get rid of it?
No, unfortunately I haven't found a way to get rid of it yet. I've tried things such as enabling developer settings in AA and adjusting screen resolution etc., but it doesn't seem to help.

I'm suspecting that perhaps VW coded this into the system to make room for the pull-down notification menu. Can't seem to find any other info online about it which is why I made this post in the first place. Hopefully it's addressed in a future update.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts