Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy. I recently purchased a camper whose dry eight is under 3000. The RV dealer installed this for me saying it is needed for safety

This is 2019 exec line which comes with

Now I find out that we are not supposed to add any equalizers based on the forum and the manual.

I have done about 2 trips with the camper roughly around 600 miles and now I worried about the next trip as it is uphill and off road.

So my question is what do I use as alternative to hook my camper and is it safe? Do I just use a simple ball mount. What about issues of swaying and jack-knifing without the system?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just a simple ball mount, do not exceed 500lbs tongue weight. You can add anti-sway bars (not weight distributing) if sway is a concern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a simple ball mount, do not exceed 500lbs tongue weight. You can add anti-sway bars (not weight distributing) if sway is a concern.
Thank for that info. Is it ok for the hitch ball mount to be in a raised position as opposed to be dropped. My RV trailer is offroad edition so it is a bit raised and I don't like it being in a drop position. The manual says it should be in the drop position.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts