Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

As the title says I'm within a month to pull the trigger on my first VW ever.
Looking at the 2021 Atlas v6 Premium 4motion not the r-line.
However I am not a big fan of the 21" wheels with low profile tires....
Can one substitute them for the 20"s? Perhaps even for less $$?

Part of my worries are living in a cold and snowy climate 6 moths of the year i need to get winter tires and finding many options in the 21" range is very hard.. even for all-seasons.
Just not that much options in the 265/45/21 range. Many more in the 20" or 18".

I know the 21" look real nice but it wont help me when I have 3' of snow and deep potholes.

Thankful for any insight.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Of course, just make that part of your deal. You won't likely change the price, but you can certainly have the dealer put on some VW 20s for an even swap. Also, you can just buy them and sell the 21s on your own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I just bought my wife the 2021 Atlas V6 SEL Premium with 4Motion. I could have sworn it had 20's, so I went and looked. Sure enough, 20's with the Scorpion All Season Tires. Then I went to the Website and did a build with the exact configuration I have, and it said 21" wheels in the summary. So then I thought maybe the dealer did a swap. Nope, sticker says 20" wheels. Are you going by one you looked at on the lot, or just by doing the build? I have noticed some inconsistencies on the website and what is actually on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
574 Posts
Often there are OE wheel package options so the stockers may be 20s but the dealer may have ordered some with 21s that will have an additional charge/line on the sticker. The 20" black wheels were that way in 2018 when we bought ours; 18s stock, 20" wheel package optional and offered on some dealer stock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It looks like the 21s come with the SEL Premium R-Lines. Those must have been what I saw at the dealerships I visited. The SEL Premium has 20s as standard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I see you got the brown leather. Nice choice. I wanted that too but couldnt find a Racing Green one that had it so ended up with black.
It is a beautiful color, and would look really nice with green, IMHO. I bought a silver Mustang convertible a couple of years ago (2018), and was shocked that there was not a single one with red leather. That to me is one of the best combos out there. I am thinking of getting the Katzkin leather to get the red. Generally feels better than stock, and can handle the cooled/heated seats. You may take a look at those if you want the dark brown.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts