Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
We recently acquired the 2019 VW Atlas SE 2.0 with Technology. It’s our Christmas gift to the family as we look forward in catering our needs specially with a 17 month old child growing up! The family tree is a Japanese Brand loyal customers and this would the first non Japanese car brand that will be purchasing. (Did we decided correctly? We’ll find out.)

We got the captain’s chair, 20” wheels, all weather mats and emergency road side kit as “compulsory” dealer “options”. (Is options defined as non-negotiable these days? Just asking)

We also got the Appearance Protection - it is a third party provider. Already filed a claim to see how it works. Got it for the duration of our financing term.

It is now 3 weeks old, almost 1,700 miles, overall it is still running as it is expected from a brand new vehicle. However, it is not perfect.
Since this is going to be our family car, out of utmost curiosity on the various technological aspect of the vehicles nowadays, I took a look at the owner’s manual and tried to get as much information that i can possibly know and observe this while on the road.

What makes you smile :) are as follows:
1. Infotainment touch screen is awesome! Just need to clean it every week to avoid smudge stains to develop too much.
2. Effortless stirring wheel
3. Great for families with kid/kids as advertised
4. MPG as advertised is beyond for us. City - 22, Highway - 27 to 28, combined - 23-24. big factor is how you use the pedal and how patient would you be on the road.

The imperfections are as follows:
1. Remote Start doesn’t work all the time on the first try.
2. Engine won’t start - undetected keyfob: my spouse was seating at the driver’s seat with her keyfob, while i was standing next to her open door, with my own keyfob with me as well. She pressed the remote start to engage then the start/stop button, next up... the engine starts. (Yehey)
3. Lane keeping assist (engaged) - sudden switch to either your left or right depending on the roadway (merging lanes, undetected lane lines, widening road) if you’re not a seasoned or experienced driver, you might panic and get to an accident.
4. Radar sensor cannot detect lit up during our trip to SoCal. This was during the “winter storm” at SoCal. I asked the dealer technician about the warning sign that lit up on my dashboard and said they said it was tires cannot get good traction on the road because of the snow. (The manual said radar sensor vs the technician’s professional opinion that is was tires.)
5. Android Auto keeps on rebooting. Either super sensitive or there’s a bug. (Haven’t check by the dealership. Will do next week. Updates soon to share.)
6. Power lift gate to open, but cannot close it via remote or inside the driver’s car. Needs to go out and press that button to close it.
7. No lighting on the USB ports and 12V at the front - hard to see at night (flashlight please)

We appreciate for letting us share our thoughts and experiences to the community. Learning more about the vehicle makes our everyday life safer on and off the road.

Happy driving and see you on the road!

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
A few comments to your concerns:

1) Are you pushing lock then the remote start button x2? Some have had range issues (I have not) and someone on the Atlas FB page posted their work order from the dealer tech that figured out how to sort this out.
2) Seems like something goofy with your technique. The remote start is to work with the vehicle locked. Need a bit better explanation. Key fob batteries may be low.
3) Like all newer systems, getting used to these is on the driver. I've found it seamless and sure, it nudges sometimes but once you are used to it, it's good.
4) In snow conditions, the front VW badge on the grill (the radar sensor) gets covered with snow/ice and the system will turn off. Normal.
5) Not sure on AA - they've had a lot of updates lately so more likely related to that.
6) You can either stand behind it and hold the hatch button on the remote (need to be within about 10'...it's a safety thing so you don't close it on someone) OR from inside hold the hatch pop button on the d. door in the up position - both will close the hatch.
7) I'm with you, it would be nice to have the cubby lit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few comments to your concerns:

1) Are you pushing lock then the remote start button x2? Some have had range issues (I have not) and someone on the Atlas FB page posted their work order from the dealer tech that figured out how to sort this out.
2) Seems like something goofy with your technique. The remote start is to work with the vehicle locked. Need a bit better explanation. Key fob batteries may be low.
3) Like all newer systems, getting used to these is on the driver. I've found it seamless and sure, it nudges sometimes but once you are used to it, it's good.
4) In snow conditions, the front VW badge on the grill (the radar sensor) gets covered with snow/ice and the system will turn off. Normal.
5) Not sure on AA - they've had a lot of updates lately so more likely related to that.
6) You can either stand behind it and hold the hatch button on the remote (need to be within about 10'...it's a safety thing so you don't close it on someone) OR from inside hold the hatch pop button on the d. door in the up position - both will close the hatch.
7) I'm with you, it would be nice to have the cubby lit.
KarstGeo, appreciate your outs.
1. Yes, we did that procedure and my spouse kind of try to use the remote start just to see what will happen. Trial and error thing. Might as well test everything with caution while it’s in infancy stages and efficiently maximize usage the warranties.

6. Will try it later, thanks for the recommendations on how to do it. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KarstGeo, appreciate your outs.
1. Yes, we did that procedure and my spouse kind of try to use the remote start just to see what will happen. Trial and error thing. Might as well test everything with caution while it’s in infancy stages and efficiently maximize usage the warranties.

6. Will try it later, thanks for the recommendations on how to do it. :)

“Outs” - output

1 - 5 of 5 Posts