Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Atlas SE 2.0T

Hi all- I took delivery in late March this year (2022), For the 3rd time 10 weeks, I looked at my dash and the (digital) instrument cluster and radio screen were barely visible & virtually no colorization. Of course, you have to pull over & stop to adjust in the "Lights" settings, but even with full brightness, no change. I made a quick stop at the store and when I restarted the Atlas, everything was normal. Same as last time.
Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
2022 Atlas SE 2.0T

Hi all- I took delivery in late March this year (2022), For the 3rd time 10 weeks, I looked at my dash and the (digital) instrument cluster and radio screen were barely visible & virtually no colorization. Of course, you have to pull over & stop to adjust in the "Lights" settings, but even with full brightness, no change. I made a quick stop at the store and when I restarted the Atlas, everything was normal. Same as last time.
Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.
Are u using your android or apple phone connected? Check the time zone on your car clock setting. I believe the easy coast is
minus 5. Your display will go into night mode if u are setup wrong.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u using your android or apple phone connected? Check the time zone on your car clock setting. I believe the easy coast is
minus 5. Your display will go into night mode if u are setup wrong.
Hi LCMM55-
My 2022 Atlas only has an option to click "daylight savings time" on or off -- no actual zone settings. Android Auto/Apple Play were not on/activated. I did take it to the dealer this week and they were stumped. Nothing in the international database. So they flashed the software for the dash lighting and we'll see what happens.
When this occurred, it was way beyond the night mode auto-dimming. The color was gone with a monochrome appearance that was barely visible. The only way to restore the view was completely turn off the vehicle for a few moments and restart.
Just a comment-- It's so crazy that you have to go through a multi-step click process to adjust the dash lights. My former Mazda CX5 had a completely digitized cluster, but they still had an old-school "twist-stick" in the upper corner of the cluster for brightness.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi LCMM55-
My 2022 Atlas only has an option to click "daylight savings time" on or off -- no actual zone settings. Android Auto/Apple Play were not on/activated. I did take it to the dealer this week and they were stumped. Nothing in the international database. So they flashed the software for the dash lighting and we'll see what happens.
When this occurred, it was way beyond the night mode auto-dimming. The color was gone with a monochrome appearance that was barely visible. The only way to restore the view was completely turn off the vehicle for a few moments and restart.
Just a comment-- It's so crazy that you have to go through a multi-step click process to adjust the dash lights. My former Mazda CX5 had a completely digitized cluster, but they still had an old-school "twist-stick" in the upper corner of the cluster for brightness.
Thanks for the reply!
Even My 2021 Ford F150 has a up button and down button for adjusting the dash. Why does VW require going into the menu to turn it up and down. What a pain in the butt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts