Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, folks. I wanted to drop a note after I received an Airbag Error for the front passenger seat. I took it to the dealer to troubleshoot since it's under warranty. The issue is (what we deemed most likely) a charging cord I had from the back USB to the front (iPhone lighting cable so Apple car play doesn't activate) may have touched the seat base and caused an error fault with the airbag system. The dealer said the airbag system was fine, cleared the fault. He cautioned against any wires around the seat's base since the airbag weight sensor package is susceptible. So, lesson learned, use caution with extra cables around your seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had the airbag light coming on multiple times since owning the Atlas 1.5 years ago. I am going in next week to try to have it fixed again. Maybe I should just reset it myself instead of wasting time going in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had the airbag light coming on multiple times since owning the Atlas 1.5 years ago. I am going in next week to try to have it fixed again. Maybe I should just reset it myself instead of wasting time going in.
You don’t have any loose charging cables/etc that may be touching the seat frame?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts