Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if you are aware of any issues regarding airbags with the Atlas.
An error malfunction came out just when driving my brand new Atlas from the dealer to Home. The Car has been in the dealer for 3 weeks and they are still waiting a part to be shipped from Germany (no sure why, as this vehicles are built in USA - So I would assume they have plenty of parts in the USA).

I am a little bit frustrated ( 3 months waiting for the Atlas to be delivered to Canada and now it is parked at the dealership) and worry as I would not expect this defect on a brand new car with just 90 km (55 miles).

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Its probably just the result of some wiring under the driver or passenger seat that may have become disconnected. While it certainly is frustrating to have problems before ever getting the vehicle home, I'm sure all these problems will be easily rectified at the dealership. What are they currently waiting on for a replacement part?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably just the result of some wiring under the driver or passenger seat that may have become disconnected. While it certainly is frustrating to have problems before ever getting the vehicle home, I'm sure all these problems will be easily rectified at the dealership. What are they currently waiting on for a replacement part?
Thanks Simeon,

The dealer indicate a "module" that need to be replaced. They said it will come directly from Germany.
I thought just like you that it would be loose wire but it seems that I got a defective part in a brand new car :crying:.
Hopefully, they are right with the diagnosis and the car gets fix after replacing the part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbag issue too

After 3,000 miles, Airbag error too. Just dropped it at the dealership. I will update the forum as soon as I get a diagnostic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please keep us posted!

After 3,000 miles, Airbag error too. Just dropped it at the dealership. I will update the forum as soon as I get a diagnostic.
Thanks PCSPE,
Please let us know what the dealership tells you ....
Note that I have not received my Atlas yet...OMG, the dealer is still waiting for the part ( almost 1 month).

I hope you don't have to go through this...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well that's a shame that the repair is a little more involved than what we had hoped. That's a ridiculous amount of downtime, and why on Earth does it need to be ordered directly from Germany? Luckily I don't think there should be much labour involved in replacing a module.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that's a shame that the repair is a little more involved than what we had hoped. That's a ridiculous amount of downtime, and why on Earth does it need to be ordered directly from Germany? Luckily I don't think there should be much labour involved in replacing a module.

I followed up with the dealership yesterday. They are not telling much details just that the system now indicates JUNE as the expected delivery date. No sure why they cant ship that module from US to Canada? I would assume there might be many of those modules in their Volkswagen Chattanooga plant (Tennessee). I am at the point that would like to get my money back but Canada does not lemon laws.

-Pick up my Atlas on April 9th
-drove it for less than 3 days until I got the "air bag error "
- got the appointment at the dealer on April 16th and since then 38 days has passed and still waiting....

Something does not look right to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, heard back from the dealership. The issue was the passenger seat sensor.
it was replaced, and the issue is gone.
Good to hear that your issue was fixed Pablo.
My dealer indicated " module replacement", so I guess it is different that the air bag sensor ( no sure). At least the air bag sensor(s) are easy to get in the USA.
thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my Atlas. I was told by the dealership that if you leave any electronic devices (phones/laptops etc) on the passenger seat it will trigger this Airbag warning. The warning was re-set. Lets see how long it will take to re appear, Sigh…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts