Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In short it seemed that the air recirculate button was not working. We noticed this when we were driving behind a high exhaust car. In this situation you would press the air recirculate button in order to block the exhaust from coming in; well this didn't work. So I brought the Atlas to the dealer and sure enough the vent was not closing. They said they contacted VW and they were given a software update and that FIXED it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
In short it seemed that the air recirculate button was not working. We noticed this when we were driving behind a high exhaust car. In this situation you would press the air recirculate button in order to block the exhaust from coming in; well this didn't work. So I brought the Atlas to the dealer and sure enough the vent was not closing. They said they contacted VW and they were given a software update and that FIXED it!
What dealership did you go to? I have the same problem and my dealership cannot find the issue. Maybe they can call your dealership for help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What dealership did you go to? I have the same problem and my dealership cannot find the issue. Maybe they can call your dealership for help.
It seems like you have to insist them to call VW lol. They just probably called friend mechanic who didn't know how to fix this problem. (This actually happened to me)

·
Registered
4 Posts
It seems like you have to insist them to call VW lol. They just probably called friend mechanic who didn't know how to fix this problem. (This actually happened to me)
Thanks. Can you tell me what dealership? This way when they don't listen to me, I can refer them to an actual dealership that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem

Took it in to the dealer and they said the system shows no faults and it's operating as intended. I'm fairly confident it's not working. I've put it on recirculate before I know I'm going to encounter exhaust or smoke and it still comes right through. Guess I have to wait until it becomes a recall item.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts