Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Arizona, the AC is definitely a problem. If we’re driving constantly it’s ok, but if we’re waiting in line as COVID-19 makes us do, the ac is warms up. I tried turning off the automatic start/stop. It doesn’t help.
anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I live in Arizona, the AC is definitely a problem. If we’re driving constantly it’s ok, but if we’re waiting in line as COVID-19 makes us do, the ac is warms up. I tried turning off the automatic start/stop. It doesn’t help.
anyone else with this problem?
Not with warm air but IMO, these beasts are NOT suited for very hot/sunny weather. I was in Tennessee back in 2019, OCT when it was still in the 90's. Just took a long time to cool the car down as far as I'm used to. But sitting still, the PICTURE window VW calls the windshield was really putting out the heat. Ok.. figured it was just me.

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
You should have it checked out, low charge can do things like this and some have noted low charge from the factory. It's been in the upper 90s here/high humidity (central VA) this week and ours is nice and cold in all conditions. Also, are you running your in recirc or fresh air? At a certain point you need the recirc for max cooling as the system works less to cool already cooled air vs. the hot outside air.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts