Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the form and just bought a 2019 S model 3.6 4Motion. The build begins. Has anyone added fogs or spots in the lower valance like on the Overland concept, and if so, how did your wire them and what switch gear did you use (aftermarket switch or did you retrofit an SE and up light switch). Thanks!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice setup!!! God I love that orange and the aftermarket lighting!
It’s so cool. Not mine though, it’s the VW Overland Concept from SEMA. I just want to copy the fog lights in the lower bumper look and was wondering if anyone else had done anything similar

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you do some exploring to see what harness/relay might already exist for the factory figs? It would be cleanest to integrate with what might already be there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@DVSSurfer I agree those fog lights are sweet looking. I just swapped out the bulb for yellow. It looks like a custom job and I hope no need to update wiring for a plug and play option.

I (a shop) wired up the grill lights on my 2018 SE. Here is the post on the vw vortex forum. Lifted Atlas Picture Thread

Here are those photos from then and now. Wires were all tucked away to look factory and they go through the firewall wiring port. I picked up the Baja Designs wire harness for the LP6 driving lights. The running amber lights are wired onto the daytime running trigger wire and then the high and low have their own switch. The headlight unit itself has a computer inside so they could not tap the high beam function which I am totally fine with. They mounted three little push buttons nicely next to the light switch. I have ditch lights wired separately as well (I paid $1,300 in shop hours and parts for the install. I purchased the lights separately). Best of luck and look forward to seeing what you do here.
Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle registration plate Car
Car Vehicle registration plate Plant Vehicle Grille
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
3 Posts
From the looks of it, they 3D printed new housings that fit into the stock fog light housing to house the new LED pod lights. I'm pretty positive it is 3D printed by the giveaway of the black print lines/layers. So there's that route, OR another would be to get in there and fab up some sort of bracket mounting system based off either OEM or fabbed mounting points. But this route probably wont look as OEM+ and good as the overland concept because since the pod will be held in place using brackets there is bound to be gaps and open sections...You could fill those gaps with a mesh of some sorts to hide any voids, but that may not flow well with the OEM grille design...

I'm interested to see what you come up with if you decide to tackle this. You would really have to get creative and have some technical resources to do this the right way in order to make it look OEM+ like the overland concept... I wired LED light bars to my roof rack, but that was no where near as difficult as this project might be just due to trying to fit something that isn't OEM into an OEM location...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@DVSSurfer I agree those fog lights are sweet looking. I just swapped out the bulb for yellow. It looks like a custom job and I hope no need to update wiring for a plug and play option.

I (a shop) wired up the grill lights on my 2018 SE. Here is the post on the vw vortex forum. Lifted Atlas Picture Thread

Here are those photos from then and now. Wires were all tucked away to look factory and they go through the firewall wiring port. I picked up the Baja Designs wire harness for the LP6 driving lights. The running amber lights are wired onto the daytime running trigger wire and then the high and low have their own switch. The headlight unit itself has a computer inside so they could not tap the high beam function which I am totally fine with. They mounted three little push buttons nicely next to the light switch. I have ditch lights wired separately as well (I paid $1,300 in shop hours and parts for the install. I purchased the lights separately). Best of luck and look forward to seeing what you do here. View attachment 2277 View attachment 2278 View attachment 2279 View attachment 2280
Thanks. Really appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts