Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I bought a 2019 Atlas SE a few weeks ago. The seats are leatherette and we aren't digging the sticky backs already and it's still in the 90's here in Indiana. I've called our local Ztech and they want $2,000 to install katskinz cooling system! Has anybody else ran into this issue and user another source for aftermarket cooled seating that wasn't a cheesy 12V seat cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for the Ztech lead , I'll have to look into that :wink2:

One of the things I miss about my DTS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me the product was $1600 and $400 in labor. I gotta say I was very surprised, although I had nothing to go off of in price...but still shocked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Katskinz leather seats in my Mazda CX-5. Very happy with the quality, and I want to say it ran me about $900 to install, so I am not really surprised by the price (I do not have any kind of cooling system). Still was cheaper than to buy the next trim level that came with leather seats, though. :)

Here's the way I look at it -- you'll be putting your butt into these seats every day for the rest of your life (or however long you own the car). So the costs will come out to something like a buck fifty per day. I'd rather spend the money and be happy with the product than cheap out and regret my decision after three months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cooled Seats

I have SE Tech R-Line with black leatherette seats. I say you blow more A/C to compensate for it. It will be more $$$$ savings at the end of the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts