Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always felt that the headlight switch just looked odd, like it was missing something. The black plastic surround in the black dashboard just seemed like they cheaped out at VW. Ordered this surround from Aliexpress for like $9 to see how I like it. It came as polished aluminum that didn't match, but I found a Rustoleum spray can that was pretty close to the trim color. Since all the trim is mounted at different angles, the light hits them all differently anyway so even a perfect match would look slightly different.

I don't know how I feel. Still on the fence. Kind of looks like an afterthought....but before it looked like it was missing!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Obviously we all know what the switch looked like to begin with....but for comparison.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the before better, but I generally am of the "less is more" mindset. If you like it that's what matters, but it does look like something that could have come either way from the factory, so maybe you are on to something.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am experimenting with black titanium inserts from Ali Express. Clearly, the door handle inserts look much better than the stark OEM look. However, I want to separate the black titanium on the door handle inserts and the lower (gear shift) console. Also, I was thinking of covering that cheap wood effect on the dash and doors, but don't know if it will be too much. My major concern is the fit,
Anyway, this is what I am thinking, I would appreciate your comments.

before.jpg after.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts