Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats everyone's opinions on having his activated?

I turned it on an I am pointing towards keeping it turned off instead of leaving it on. I feel that it is trying too hard to keep you in the middle of the lane. Now I was very surprised that it seems to learn where you want to stay and will keep you in that location in the lane without issues. Like when there is ripples in the main line so you hug the right side.

Just wanted to see who has turned this on and left it on and the opinion of others on reliability of the steering rack.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
So I take it you did this using VCDS/OBDEleven? I really like it vs. the stock lane keep that just pings you off the sides of the lanes. The whole system is v. subtle so I don't feel like it's muscling me around. You can also just revert back to the "ping pong" setting by turning the adaptive lane tracking off in the menu.

·
Super Moderator
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@KarstGeo I have had VCDS for years, however this is the newest VW that I was able to really play around with the coding and make it do new cool things. Driving an 02 Jetta with 280k on it doesnt offer much of customization that you can do.

I turned it off since I am in the sticks and I feel that it sometimes muscles me around on the back roads, for the highway stuff I turn it on and let auto pilot take the wheel haha.

Reactions: KarstGeo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, just picked up a new 2021.5 SELP V6 and am trying to figure out how to use ODBEleven and can’t figure it out, lol. I have the dongle and it’s reading codes, but can’t find the feature under long coding (not sure which section to search for it) and also would like to enable faster launch and AWD Haldex functionality but can’t find that either. Anybody able to help me figure this out or have pointers where to go?

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Hello, just picked up a new 2021.5 SELP V6 and am trying to figure out how to use ODBEleven and can’t figure it out, lol. I have the dongle and it’s reading codes, but can’t find the feature under long coding (not sure which section to search for it) and also would like to enable faster launch and AWD Haldex functionality but can’t find that either. Anybody able to help me figure this out or have pointers where to go?
I have posted the instructions multiple times. Faster launch/Haldex mods you read about do zero BTW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts