Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

ACC (Front Assist) not available... Windshield chip?

8K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Barry T 
#1 ·
The dealer wants $450 to calibrate the Front Assist.
I was reading it could of went out if you get a crack in your windshield? I had SafeLight come and fill the crack. Do you think it would be covered under my glass claim?
(Geico In CT)

#2 ·
If under warranty, the dealer should do it and not charge you. Are you sure that it was turned on previously? The VW Front Assist technology has been the topic of a class action law suit. Read the attached.

#3 ·
The dealer wants $450 to calibrate the Front Assist.
I was reading it could of went out if you get a crack in your windshield? I had SafeLight come and fill the crack. Do you think it would be covered under my glass claim?
(Geico In CT)
I had a similar issue. I had the windshield replaced then a couple months later the adaptive cruise control stopped working. Dealership wanted to charge $750 to recalibrate plus $1,000 to reinstall a Volkswagen factory windshield. Went to a third party and they recalibrate it for $300 plus $500 for the windshield. And my insurance covered it all. I have Safeco/Liberty Mutual in Texas. Hope this helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.