Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the middle of a 9hr drive, ACC failure message popped up. (This is not remote start related...remote start wasn't used and it just popped up on the road). Restart wouldn't reset it and clearing the code wouldn't reset it. Seems like there's an actual fault somewhere. It is reporting "misalignment" in the sensor. I checked for loose cables behind the sensor but couldn't get more than a finger or two back there. Cleaning it, tapping it, shaking the grill, nothing. I was hoping it was a loose wire. I guess it's off to the dealer this week.

The worst part was the 9hr drive back with no cruise control. Brutal. I can't believe that the car doesn't have a basic cruise control. It's ACC or nothing. So frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Atlas is actually at the dealer as we speak for a similar issue; I was driving on the thruway (did not have ACC activated) when I got a Front Assist/ACC Disabled error.

Another forum mentioned this could happen if you have a chip or crack in your windshield. This was not the case in my situation. I'll report back when I get my car back from the dealer to see what the cause was.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Atlas is actually at the dealer as we speak for a similar issue; I was driving on the thruway (did not have ACC activated) when I got a Front Assist/ACC Disabled error.

Another forum mentioned this could happen if you have a chip or crack in your windshield. This was not the case in my situation. I'll report back when I get my car back from the dealer to see what the cause was.
Just got my Atlas back from the dealer. They needed to recalibrate the sensor found in the VW Logo on the grill. Apparently the screws that hold my grill on were loose and the vibration of the loose grill knocked the sensor out of calibration. I suspect the tech that performed the catalytic converter recall on my vehicle last week had to remove the grill for some reason to do the job and was careless when they replaced it.

·
Super Moderator
882 Posts
Just got my Atlas back from the dealer. They needed to recalibrate the sensor found in the VW Logo on the grill. Apparently the screws that hold my grill on were loose and the vibration of the loose grill knocked the sensor out of calibration. I suspect the tech that performed the catalytic converter recall on my vehicle last week had to remove the grill for some reason to do the job and was careless when they replaced it.
Cat replacement is done from the bottom so not the issue here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts