Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Good news! I was just informed by the Executive Vice President of VW NA that a fix has been developed, tested, and is ready to distribute. Expect dealers to have a software fix in a month or so.

(Yes, I emailed high up the food chain until I finally got an answer on this issue)
That's great news! I did discover that if you turn off the cruise control when parking the car, the remote start won't cause the ACC error on the next remote start. Of course the method of turning off the car and then restarting it will do the same thing.

· Registered
26 Posts
One week old Atlas and same issue happening. Pretty annoying that it’s been happening for years.

· Registered
408 Posts
Ok, I was not having the ACC error when I would remote start my Atlas. However, I made a few tweaks with the OBDeleven tool and now I get the error. My last tweak was to enable "improved throttle response" which I don't notice any difference. What am I supposed to notice with the tweak?
Has anyone been to the dealer lately and have any software upgrades? This is ridiculous!

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Ok, I was not having the ACC error when I would remote start my Atlas. However, I made a few tweaks with the OBDeleven tool and now I get the error. My last tweak was to enable "improved throttle response" which I don't notice any difference. What am I supposed to notice with the tweak?
Has anyone been to the dealer lately and have any software upgrades? This is ridiculous!
Have a read - I've vetted that out. You must have done the one called "improved engine responsiveness" which kills the cruise - I realize OBDEleven has apps for these but what that changes is in the engine control unit and just changes the make from VW to Audi using long coding. Sometimes this is referred to as the "Audi throttle mod" - both this and the "direct throttle" one are 100% placebo. Both are discussed in my thread here. Worth a read.

Logging "direct throttle" VCDS/OBDEleven tweak | Page 4 | VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum

· Registered
26 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
Thanks for the feedback KarstGeo. The mod I did was to change Steering Assistance in Control Unit 44, driving performance switchover from controlled over time to direct controlled over threshold value. I will change it back.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Atlas SEL-P and my ACC gives an error after starting it remotely from the fob or app. Has anyone else had this issue? If so does anyone know what the fox for it is? I took it into the dealership and he said it worked fine. I don’t think he knew what we was looking for bc it still doesn’t work. I have to turn the car off, open the door so it can reset and start it with the push button and it will work.
I have the same problem. I was hoping it was just the Atlas, but I just bought a Jetta SEL, and it’s doing the same thing. I was having the satellite radio problem with the Atlas on remote start too, where satellite radio wouldn’t be an option if I used remote start. The dealer said they couldn’t find a problem, but the radio issue mysteriously disappeared. Fortunately the Jetta doesn’t have the radio issue, but the acc thing is downright annoying.

· Registered
10 Posts
For anyone still following this thread, I took my 2019 atlas in for the 20k service and brought up the ACC issue again. Picked it up today, they said they had a factory software update and replaced my battery. The ACC issue is going, cannot reproduce it at all now. My advisor was gone for the day but will call tomorrow to see if I can get details on the software update bulletin.

· Registered
38 Posts
I too had the ACC error and went in to have the software update applied this morning. I could never find the TSB referenced in another thread and any TSB info was not included on my invoice. The dealer did apply the software update to the ECM per the invoice after seeing the fault codes that are produced in 01 control module and the ACC module missing message fault that appears after the road test to confirm the error.

I forgot to get the S/W version before going in the shop, but if someone who still has the issue present it would be interesting to see what the software version is before and after the update that fixes this issue.

01 Engine Module S/W info post software update:

Software number: 03H906026S
Software version: 9971

This is from a 2019 3.6L 4Motion Atlas.

*Found by chance I did have an older pic and the prior Software version was 9970.

· Registered
38 Posts
True, just wondering if by chance VW found anything else that they may have fixed. It feels like in Eco mode the car is a little more aggressive when getting up to highway speeds when using ACC. Feels more like Normal mode. Similar feel to when VW updated the ECU for the Tiguan last year.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Atlas SEL-P and my ACC gives an error after starting it remotely from the fob or app. Has anyone else had this issue? If so does anyone know what the fox for it is? I took it into the dealership and he said it worked fine. I don’t think he knew what we was looking for bc it still doesn’t work. I have to turn the car off, open the door so it can reset and start it with the push button and it will work.
I have the same thing. The ECM was replaced and it did NOT correct the problem.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts