Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 Atlas SEL-P and my ACC gives an error after starting it remotely from the fob or app. Has anyone else had this issue? If so does anyone know what the fox for it is? I took it into the dealership and he said it worked fine. I don’t think he knew what we was looking for bc it still doesn’t work. I have to turn the car off, open the door so it can reset and start it with the push button and it will work.

·
Super Moderator
448 Posts
There seems to be lots of weirdness with the remote start - I have had issues with the radio/sat radio/presets. I would just get it into the dealer and reproduce the specific issue for them to ensure they see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance you recently went in for service on the ECU emissions recall? Never had an issue for 14 months with regular use of the ACC but the day after I took care of the recall this issue started

·
Registered
74 Posts
Any chance you recently went in for service on the ECU emissions recall? Never had an issue for 14 months with regular use of the ACC but the day after I took care of the recall this issue started

I went in for my recall and sun room leakage fix (I wasn't leaking but they "fixed" it anyway, so now, I'm expecting leaks LOL). But everything in my 2019 SEL P is fine. But I only drove it like 5 miles from the dealer to home and it's still in the garage. No trips planned so it will sit there unless I drive it to work (3 miles one way) or pull it out of the garage to wash the dust off. Got it last July and only have 9500 miles on it, all in 4 trips. Since it's last years model, I don't get the VW net subscription for free anymore so I let it expire, deleted the app from my phone, cleared out all the addresses that I uploaded and told VW to stop sending me "do you want to PAY and subscribe?" emails. But having the ability to remote start your car is cool. With the fob, as long as you are 10 feet away, it works great. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2019 SEL R-Line just recently started having a similar problem. One day, it decided to kick an error when I tried to set the cruise speed (and it does this randomly...once it does it, I can pull over, shut off the car, restart it, then the error is gone and the cruise will work perfectly). I never thought to try to correlate the error with remote start, so I cannot determine if that is in play at all.

The dealer looked at it and went through a troubleshooting pathway that the service advisor stated that VW was likely aware of this issue (he said the corrective measures were strangely specific). They went through the process (no result) meaning I'm getting a new ECM (on order now). Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Quick update, I can definitely reproduce the issue when I remote start. If I start the Atlas from inside the cab I don't get the error.

Brought into the dealer, they confirmed the same thing called the factory and got a case open with them. Apparently the factory is aware of the issue and working on a software update. I'll give it a week and call the regional office to confirm. Apparently this is a known issue they're working on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2019 SEL R-Line just recently started having a similar problem. One day, it decided to kick an error when I tried to set the cruise speed (and it does this randomly...once it does it, I can pull over, shut off the car, restart it, then the error is gone and the cruise will work perfectly). I never thought to try to correlate the error with remote start, so I cannot determine if that is in play at all.

The dealer looked at it and went through a troubleshooting pathway that the service advisor stated that VW was likely aware of this issue (he said the corrective measures were strangely specific). They went through the process (no result) meaning I'm getting a new ECM (on order now). Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the new

Did the new ECM fix the problem for you? I had mine replaced and I still have the same problem. The dealership seems aware of the issue with the ACC not working when remote start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same issue with the ACC after starting the car with the remote starter...After the second time at the dealership they had to order a new computer for my car! (2019 SEL Premium)... The service clerk already knows me by name!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for reporting the issue. I wish the Atlas would be able to update itself like the Tesla so we wouldn't have to go to the dealer and sit there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Atlas SEL-P and my ACC gives an error after starting it remotely from the fob or app. Has anyone else had this issue? If so does anyone know what the fox for it is? I took it into the dealership and he said it worked fine. I don’t think he knew what we was looking for bc it still doesn’t work. I have to turn the car off, open the door so it can reset and start it with the push button and it will work.
Good morning to all. My wife & I recent purchased a 2019 Atlas and this same issue reared its head. I took the Atlas to the VW Service Department and it was determined to be a fault w/ the ACC programming/module. The replacement part(s) have been ordered (from Germany). Fingers crossed that this solves the issue. Overall, extremely pleased w/ the Atlas and the buying experience.

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas SEL 4Motion
3 Posts
Good morning to all. My wife & I recent purchased a 2019 Atlas and this same issue reared its head. I took the Atlas to the VW Service Department and it was determined to be a fault w/ the ACC programming/module. The replacement part(s) have been ordered (from Germany). Fingers crossed that this solves the issue. Overall, extremely pleased w/ the Atlas and the buying experience.
Please let us know how the replacement goes. I have the same problem and would like to know if its fixed after they replace the module. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the ACC error message on my SEL R-Line about a week ago. I could not turn on my cruise control and my blind side features would not work either. After I reach my destination and tried it on the return home it started working fine. I still took it in to the dealer and they saw nothing wrong with it. Of course they said if it happened again to bring it in and they would dig deeper into the issue. I have just had a bunch of quirky things going on with this vehicle and nothing sbustantial that the dealership can or will find.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts