Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I purchased a black 2019 SEL with captains chairs March of this year. I have had a total of 5 check engine lights. Two were P02D4 (P02D4 Cylinder 5 Fuel Injector Offset Learning At Min Limit) and three other times the dealer claims it was because the gas cap was not tightened all the way. All 4 times (I reset one of the codes myself) I've taken the car into the dealer they've ran a "test plan" and it always passes. I've contacted VW corporate and the Regional Manager is going to call me tomorrow. I do not want the car, it is a lemon. I have zero confidence in my local dealership to resolve the issue due to the fact that they keep finding "nothing" wrong with it. Has anyone here bought a Atlas that was a lemon? If so, what course of action did you take. My local dealer said they are contacting VW Corporate the try to troubleshoot the vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So were the 3 the gas cap? Hardly a reason to expect a buy back unless something is actually wrong.
No. That is what they are blaming it on. After the first one I assumed maybe I didn't tighten it enough. So I made sure to pay more attention when filing up. It is not the gas cap. The dealer has no idea why the car is throwing codes but it passes their tests. They said they are going to get VW corporate involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts