Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
511 Posts
I tend to agree – the shift mapping is a huge issue / problem. I did some research, and there are actually 3 versions of the Asian (sp?) transmission – low torque, medium torque and high torque. I wonder which version the Atlas has??

KarstGeo — the Palisade has a slightly different manual mode. You never actually change into this mode... you simple paddle shift whenever you want to. The transmission then reverts back to regular Drive Mode whenever it is called for. With this being said, I think the transmission does shift down into 2nd gear at 8-9 mph.
Can you get something on the dash that shows the gear you are in when you hit the paddles? So slowing down under 10, hit the upshift paddle to see what gear you are in?

·
Registered
89 Posts
KarstGeo — I have not yet checked the Palisade for the gear selection at 10 mph. I will do that and let you know. The shifting in 1st, 2nd and 3rd uses much more of each gear in the Palisade.
Just thought you might want a heads up. I didn't see anything major but I also drive a Jeep as my daily driver, get 11 city, 17 with a tail wind hwy and it's on a 3inch lift, 33inch tires/wheels and is loaded with skids, sliders and customer front steel bumper w/winch. While my VW sits in the garage waiting for the next road trip LOL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Why I don't buy new cars unless I'm keeping it for 10 years, noise or not. Never taking a hit like that ever. If the Palisade was out when we bought our Atlas, I would have definately test driven it. I hear that noise exactly once when I drive it, stop sign I roll coming onto to my court, it hangs in third and you hear it. I just don't care, it's such a minor thing to me. You can throw it in manual mode and downshift to second or sport mode sometimes will do that for you.

I hear ya. Every car we have gotten since my 09 Jeep has been NEW and paid out right. Except the 2013 Passat, Salesman said if we took advantage of the 36 mo zero interest, we could keep our money in the bank, auto pay and he would get a bigger commission. At least he was honest. So, that is what we did. But the 2019 Atlas, got a bank check and drove it off the lot. We PLAN on keeping them till they become to expensive to fix or they leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere LOL. My I've had two cars, a 84 Jetta and 93 Voyager that I kept for over 15+ years before donating or handing over the keys to the X. We did get the 150k mile, 12 year warranty from VW for the Atlas. We got it new July 15, 2019 and it just rolled over to 9k miles today. Hope it last me 10 years or more. I really like the car.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts