Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Package showed up from FCP Euro today....oil change, brake fluid, Haldex service.

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
liqui moly why not the Volkswagen oil?

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
liqui moly why not the Volkswagen oil?
This has the correct VW502 00 approval. No reason to use the VW/dealer stuff - just repackaged Mobil oil. You can use any oil with the correct approval, I like LM products and this is an excellent oil that I use in my Golf as well. Finally, I like to use FCP Euro b/c I can return this when done for a refund - 100% lifetime replacement so these are free (and I use Paypal to buy so get 12/year refunds on my return shipping). My video on the subject:

How to return used oil to FCP Euro for a refund - YouTube

·
Registered
31 Posts
What is your parts list? Trying to figure out what the bolts and plugs are on the right there. Also, why did you get a drain plug instead of just the washer?

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
I'm still trying to understand this business breakdown

FCP Euro Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
Every auto part you buy from FCP Euro is guaranteed for life, for as long as you own the vehicle. Our Lifetime Replacement Guarantee covers everything we sell, including wear-and-tear items like brake pads, gaskets, brake rotors, filters, and wiper blades!

Once the part purchased from FCP Euro wears out, simply purchase a replacement and then return the part you purchased to us within 90 days. We will issue you a refund against the replacement. No fine print, no restrictions, no time limit! Learn more.

How do they make money. I guess on shipping????

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
+1 on Liqui Moly...that stuff is great! I'm about to do my second oil change soon.
It's good stuff but not magic - a bit of hype/marketing going on with it but I like the company, their support of the VW community, and the places I buy it from so good enough!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did ours last night (actually at 40k, but didn't see a record of what was done at 30k before we bought it, so I did the Haldex again just to be sure). Ended up ordering the Haldex service kit minus the fluid from DAP. Might cross reference the part numbers to see if I can get everything from one spot next time. Their fluid tool is so much nicer than the pumps I have been using all of my life (hand pumps that go in the bottle that you get at all the auto parts stores). Also see why you ordered the plug and not just the washer, the one that FCP lists doesn't fit, and the original can't come off. Will definitely replace it next time.

This gave me a chance to try my Quickjacks on the Atlas. Didn't think it would fit the conventional way (due to the length of the Atlas and distance between lift points), but it just barely did. There are two lock positions, at the low position I had 6.5" clearance below the front wheels, 5.5" below the rear, and 18.5" below the center of the air dam. At high it was 10.5", 9.5" and 23.5" respectively. (Picture is at high lock). Made everything very easy to get to and inspect everything under the car. Not cheap, but if you do your own work, well worth the investment in my opinon.

·
Registered
2019 Atlas S 4Motion VR6
51 Posts
Thanks for the good info camaroz1985. Nice set up on those Quickjacks. How did the Haldex oil and pump screen look?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fluid was nearly clear (not sure if it was changed before, but there was no record of it, so I did it now at 40k). The screen did have a little sludge on it, but nothing that looked metallic. I would assume that if the fluid was changed the screen wasn't cleaned, so I am glad to clean it and keep an eye on if things wear more. My plan is to do it again at 60k, even though that is only 20k miles from now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did ours last night (actually at 40k, but didn't see a record of what was done at 30k before we bought it, so I did the Haldex again just to be sure). Ended up ordering the Haldex service kit minus the fluid from DAP. Might cross reference the part numbers to see if I can get everything from one spot next time. Their fluid tool is so much nicer than the pumps I have been using all of my life (hand pumps that go in the bottle that you get at all the auto parts stores). Also see why you ordered the plug and not just the washer, the one that FCP lists doesn't fit, and the original can't come off. Will definitely replace it next time.

This gave me a chance to try my Quickjacks on the Atlas. Didn't think it would fit the conventional way (due to the length of the Atlas and distance between lift points), but it just barely did. There are two lock positions, at the low position I had 6.5" clearance below the front wheels, 5.5" below the rear, and 18.5" below the center of the air dam. At high it was 10.5", 9.5" and 23.5" respectively. (Picture is at high lock). Made everything very easy to get to and inspect everything under the car. Not cheap, but if you do your own work, well worth the investment in my opinon.

View attachment 1821
So which Quickjack do you have? I am trying to find one I can use for both my 2018 Mustang, and the wife's 2021 Atlas. Call me a domestic jackass, but all these German cars with their plastic make everything look hard to service covers, and I can't even figure out the best lift point. I was going to go with the BL-5000-EXT, but not sure if that is the right model...

·
Registered
31 Posts
So which Quickjack do you have? I am trying to find one I can use for both my 2018 Mustang, and the wife's 2021 Atlas. Call me a domestic jackass, but all these German cars with their plastic make everything look hard to service covers, and I can't even figure out the best lift point. I was going to go with the BL-5000-EXT, but not sure if that is the right model...
I got the 7000SLX and the extensions to make it the same length as the EXT. The Atlas is almost 6000 lb, I'm pretty sure. I didn't buy the EXT so that I could use it on smaller cars too. I use it without extensions on my Chevrolet Volt, and I have confirmed that it will fit with a yet to be purchased 911. It was a little more to buy the extensions separately but I have more versatility this way.

I hang everything on the side wall of my garage. I know some people push them to the center and park straddling them, but with all the salt and stuff we get, I didn't want to expose them to that. I just need to build some shelves to put the blocks and stuff between the studs that are between the jacks and extensions. I also added some magnetic backed foam that I throw on the front of the jacks when they are hanging to prevent hitting them with doors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 SEL 4motion. Had the 3 year brake fluid and awd service done today. Advisor even said “haldex” so that made me comfortable. But the receipt says “transfer case service” and lists axle oil g-052-145-s2. What did they do?

·
Super Moderator
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
2018 SEL 4motion. Had the 3 year brake fluid and awd service done today. Advisor even said “haldex” so that made me comfortable. But the receipt says “transfer case service” and lists axle oil g-052-145-s2. What did they do?
Not the Haldex. That's the "bevel box" i.e. transfer case up front. I'd talk to them. There is a front bevel box and a rear differential that take the regular gear oil like you have listed. The Haldex unit is a different bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts