Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
'19 Atlas SE R-Line
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up a new '19 Atlas SE V6 R-Line this weekend - dealers seem to be blowing them out with the announcement of the updated '21 model.

Will be our 2nd VW ('07 Jetta 2.0T/DSG). My wife and I have had 22 cars (19 New, 3 Used) and 8 motorcycles in our lifetime, some better than others, and realize that for every internet post about a bad experience, there are 10 people who have good experiences but don't post them - goes for pretty much anything on the internet.

A relatively inexpensive 3-Row SUV typically doesn't generate 'enthusiasts' like sports cars do, so the people who join forums about 3-Row SUV's are more likely looking for solutions to issues. Soccer Moms that have Atlas's don't join internet forums to share experiences about Atlas ownership, so there's going to be an unrealistic sense of the frequency of issues with Atlas's here - I get that. Bottom line, I'm not really put off by some of the negative experiences some owners in this forum have shared (knock on wood).

Time will tell...

Reactions: untergeek

Registered
'19 Atlas SE R-Line
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks. My wife just reminded me that the Atlas will be our 3rd VW. I forgot about our 鈥84 Scirocco. I had to convince her that the Scirocco would be a better car than an 鈥84 Pontiac Fiero. LOL

Reactions: nripps

Registered
A relatively inexpensive 3-Row SUV typically doesn't generate 'enthusiasts' like sports cars do, so the people who join forums about 3-Row SUV's are more likely looking for solutions to issues. Soccer Moms that have Atlas's don't join internet forums to share experiences about Atlas ownership, so there's going to be an unrealistic sense of the frequency of issues with Atlas's here - I get that. Bottom line, I'm not really put off by some of the negative experiences some owners in this forum have shared (knock on wood).
This is a very important thing to understand hah.
I was jsut trying to explain this to someone on here the other day who was asking if the Atlas was "really that bad".

Registered
'19 Atlas SE R-Line
Discussion Starter #5
Delivery Day! 2019 Altas SE R-Line Tech. My wife inside getting instruction from sales person before our 275 mile drive home with it.

Reactions: nripps
1 - 5 of 5 Posts