Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone visited their dealer for this recall, based on my VIN seems like mine qualifies. The remedy just says inspect and replace engine if needed. Not sure if it involves an intrusive physical inspection or a test.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am wondering the same. Got the letter in the mail yesterday and the email a few days ago. Wondering if I have them check it out at the next oil change or state inspection, or if it’s too much to bother “inspecting” until there’s an obvious issue. Seems to me anything related to excessive wear dealing with connecting rods would be rod bearings, or wrist pins getting ruined. That would have to cause some serious noises right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had my inspection done for the 13I4 recall. Other reddit owners, including Audi Q5 owners mentioned a full oil drain and replace with new filter followed by a load test and then inspecting for metal shavings. I figured I would at least get a free oil change out of it, as mine is due in the next 2 weeks. But my dealer only did a load test and checked oil for metal. When I pressed, they said that's all they are advised/paid to do for this recall. That or maybe they saw the oil change reminder and figured they could still have me come in for an oil change and charge me for it.

·
Registered
2022 Cross Sport SE Tech 4Motion
13 Posts
I just had mine down this week and it passed no issues. I don’t think they changed the oil but was very happy to not need major surgery. Took about a hour for the full service to be completed. Dealership rep told me under 1% of cars recalled will required engine replacement. The impacted parts apparently were manufactured in Ukraine. My beast of a car is entering its second year of service with zero issues minus the 2 recalls.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got a clarification, apparently the advisor did not know what the procedure was and the invoice does not show that 2 new filters are used in the process, as they are obviously no charge items for the recall. Not sure why they call them advisors if they know jack. So the procedure is that they install a new filter, do their load test, check the filter for 'excessive' metal, if everything looks good, replace with a new filter and send you on the way. So yes no oil changed, but they go through 2 filters and top off oil if needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just had mine down this week and it passed no issues. I don’t think they changed the oil but was very happy to not need major surgery. Took about a hour for the full service to be completed. Dealership rep told me under 1% of cars recalled will required engine replacement. The impacted parts apparently were manufactured in Ukraine. My beast of a car is entering its second year of service with zero issues minus the 2 recalls.
Curious did your invoice show the filters with a no charge, seems like it does based on some of the Audi folk- 2 filters, sku and $0.00. I understand different dealers have different invoicing/billing systems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts