Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2021 SEL Premium AWD with 8k miles (and a factory buy back title due to a window wireing harness problem) I purchased it un- seen from Chicago and had it shipped to Florida. I figured what could be wrong... Its basically brand new.

According to the VIN it is supposed to have navigation. When the car is started the screen says"starting navigation" but the next screen says "not equipped with navigation".

I took it to a local dealer and they said it was manufactured during the pandemic and is missing a chip or there is a chip problem and that basically the car is Not equipped with Navigation.

My questions:

1. Does this matter? Should I just rely on car play and not worry about it or is there a solution to retro the infotainment system or replace it, to make it work?

2. And should i seek compensation from the seller for selling it w/o navigation?

Thanks for your help.

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
I would just use Carplay/Waze over factory Nav. Not sure how you can really go back after them - you can certainly ask. Lots of folks had vehicles like this that were missing features - I would just call VW and see what it would take to get it sorted out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts