Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
New member here. My last VW was a 2013 Jetta S wagon ...I loved it as it had 0 problems in the 10 years I owned it.
The Atlas is a totally different animal tho. The new VW is a 2023 Atlas R line. Way too much tech for me. So on to my first issue.
In '23 the CD player was eliminated.....I like my CD's! ( I am 71) After some research I see '22 CD players on EBay and start thinking......(uh OH!!) I order the special tools to remove the box that is currently in the CD position,,,,,and remove what I hoped was an empty box. It turns out to be some sort of WIFI unit,...however it has ALL of the connections that the CD player on EBay showed. I am wondering if the '22 and older CD players also had the WIFI but had a CD player included???? Can it be a simple case of buying a used unit and then plug and play???

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a suggestion....contact Crutchfield Electronics in Virginia. They will be able to help you solve your dilemma...either by installing an aftermarket CD player, or converting your CDs to a playable file in your Atlas. Our family owns 2 Atlases - a 2021 and a 2922....neither have CD players...we also have an 18 Audi with CD player and a 22 Audi where a CD player was not even an option. Its a new era...turn the page! I can relate to your angst....I am 75 years old!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts