Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with Radio Presets disappearance. I saw the thread on remote start but I and starting from inside the car. I set the presets and they are gone each time. For clarity I tried XM Radio Channels for this and on the XM Radio side I have another issue where it says loading on the screen and when you select a channel it shows the song name at that time but it never changes. Music plays like normal.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Mine disappeared after what I assume was some update. But I figured I did some bumbled-headed thing and hid them. After looking, I got them back and to show on the screen when powering up the radio. I'll try to remember tonight when I get home and take a look to see what I did to get them back or how to unhide them. From what I gather from your post, yours are totally gone and you have to reprogram them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine disappeared after what I assume was some update. But I figured I did some bumbled-headed thing and hid them. After looking, I got them back and to show on the screen when powering up the radio. I'll try to remember tonight when I get home and take a look to see what I did to get them back or how to unhide them. From what I gather from your post, yours are totally gone and you have to reprogram them?
Yeah mine are gone every time but HD Radio stays fine. Also when you tune to an XM station the song played is displayed forever regardless of track changes. Totally fine for CarPlay and other stuff just XM. Has to be a bad module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting the same - bought a 2023 SEL Premium last month, - FM channels save, but SXM will not - and defaults back to the same channel every day (regardless of what I was listening to the day before). If I change the channel it plays it, but the 'please wait' notification comes up and just keeps spinning, so the song being played does not update.

Also, the reverse camera is very jumpy and glitchy (not showing well on the screen).

I had to take the car back to the dealer for multiple build quality issues within a few days of delivery (loose internal panels etc) - they fixed all those, but told me the infotainment works properly as "it has the latest software version and is giving no error messages" - I showed them it doesn't work properly, and they just repeated it is at the latest software version and not giving error messages - so is working as designed and there is nothing they can do - I was p*ssed off with them about it. The also tried to tell me the issue was with SXM, although then I called them they said VW was BS'ing me.

Previously I had a 2018 Atlas SEL, which I liked until it started getting lots of faults at around 60-65K miles - so was spending too much time in the workshop having warranty repairs (Luckily it came with a 72K warranty in 2018), which is why I swapped it out for a new one..

Are many others getting the infotainment issue? and how long to VW normally take to admit there is an issue and send an update?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Getting the same - bought a 2023 SEL Premium last month, - FM channels save, but SXM will not - and defaults back to the same channel every day (regardless of what I was listening to the day before). If I change the channel it plays it, but the 'please wait' notification comes up and just keeps spinning, so the song being played does not update.

Also, the reverse camera is very jumpy and glitchy (not showing well on the screen).

I had to take the car back to the dealer for multiple build quality issues within a few days of delivery (loose internal panels etc) - they fixed all those, but told me the infotainment works properly as "it has the latest software version and is giving no error messages" - I showed them it doesn't work properly, and they just repeated it is at the latest software version and not giving error messages - so is working as designed and there is nothing they can do - I was p*ssed off with them about it. The also tried to tell me the issue was with SXM, although then I called them they said VW was BS'ing me.

Previously I had a 2018 Atlas SEL, which I liked until it started getting lots of faults at around 60-65K miles - so was spending too much time in the workshop having warranty repairs (Luckily it came with a 72K warranty in 2018), which is why I swapped it out for a new one..

Are many others getting the infotainment issue? and how long to VW normally take to admit there is an issue and send an update?
So I spoke to the dealer and they asked me to bring it in next week to run a scanner on it. They said they have another 2023 with the same issue or at least it sounded like it. They ordered a new Radio but it hasn't come in yet so they don't know if it will fix it or not. Will keep you posted though. The good thing is the dealer was receptive to the issue and saw it before.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I spoke to the dealer and they asked me to bring it in next week to run a scanner on it. They said they have another 2023 with the same issue or at least it sounded like it. They ordered a new Radio but it hasn't come in yet so they don't know if it will fix it or not. Will keep you posted though. The good thing is the dealer was receptive to the issue and saw it before.
So looks like a new radio fixes this. They ordered it for me. The other customer had it replaced and it worked. They ran a quick code scan to verify it was on the latest firmware and it was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had an issue with Radio Presets disappearance. I saw the thread on remote start but I and starting from inside the car. I set the presets and they are gone each time. For clarity I tried XM Radio Channels for this and on the XM Radio side I have another issue where it says loading on the screen and when you select a channel it shows the song name at that time but it never changes. Music plays like normal.
Yep. Having the same issue with my 2023 SEL Atlas. I have reported it to the dealership and they told me a software fix is in the works. I also spoke with VW directly to report the issue as this will end up getting reported to NTSB.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue. Can't save the SXM station and the display says please wait. Took to the dealer to check for updates and we have the current update. Went back to SXM CS and am still not able to get channels. I got my new 2023 Atlas 4 weeks ago. I am pissed. SXM closed my account so now I can't even get channels on the app.

·
Registered
2023 Atlas R-Line Black
1 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I have a brand new 2023 Atlas with this exact issue and just spend an hour on the phone with SiriusXM to no avail. I will take it to the dealer

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. I already had a SXM account and the 2023 Atlas SEL-R of course comes with the 3-month SXM trial. I thought the two accounts (my existing SXM and the trial) were somehow competing, which was why I couldn't save any presets. Upon contacting SXM, they basically concluded it was a VW issue. The trial has since concluded and the issue persists. I wish there was a common solution to this. I feel like VW needs to reimburse those of us with paid SXM subscriptions until they fix the issue.

·
Registered
2023 Atlas SE V6 w Tech
1 Posts
2023 Atlas SE W/Tech and exact same issue. Dealer says no updates necessary and no recalls for my VIN. Tried soft reboot of system and restore to factory. No change.
Also bought a 23 Tiguan and it is working as it should. Very irritating. Can't bring to the dealer until 23 December.

·
Registered
14 Posts

We bought a 2021 in Oct 2020. Many issues with our XM and ACC not working if we remote started the vehicle. We had to take it in to show them. Same story…it needed a software update that didn’t exist yet. Corporate VW got involved. Then after the car was 1 year old they ghosted us. They figured the lemon law was past so they did not care. We took them to BBB auto and they facilitated a buyback. It seems petty to complain about these things. But for a $55k car I would expect all technology to work as advertised. If they are telling you to wait for a software update….don’t hold your breath. We’ve been waiting for 2 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts