Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
It is aggravating. You don't have to manually save anything, it stores recent destinations. You can set favorites and name them, which I had set up before..like my home address and used to be able to just select home. I'll probably give vw a call. Also I forgot but I did have my coolant light come on shortly after my 10k oil change, I was on vacation and another dealer was able to look at it said it happens sometimes. Something about air.
Just topped it off and it's been fine.
Good to know thank you.

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
From the people I have spoken to and the complaints I have read posted, people have and sometimes it doesn’t show when you get there to show them etc because you do the reset but seems like they should be able to get in the settings and see how many times the resets have been done. I mentioned it last appointment and they just reset it and said that should fix it but of course it was only a temporary fix.
Another thing you can do is take a video of it when it happens and show the dealer. They have to have a software fix for it. Have you called VW Customer Care? Good luck on this!

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
Thank you. I will definitely take a video next time. And hopefully I can just get them to correct it tomorrow.
The big thing to understand with this is...and I know it's not what folks want to hear...sometimes the dealer techs just can't fix it b/c there is no fix/no info from VW on it. They get paid on what's called "flat rate" which often doesn't allow much diagnostic time. So anything you can do to help them fix it is to your advantage.

· Registered
11 Posts
Another thing you can do is take a video of it when it happens and show the dealer. They have to have a software fix for it. Have you called VW Customer Care? Good luck on this!
I have done both. I actually brought the vehicle in and demonstrated in front of the technician. I also called cooperate and they suggested to go to a different VW dealer.

· Registered
2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport SEL Premium
2 Posts
What specifically is the issue with the brakes?

For coolant - do you mean it's just needed to be topped off? There would be no reason to replace coolant on a vehicle this new as a maintenance items.

Just tying to help you out.
Good to know thank you.
All these problems you mentioned above, including the squeaking brakes are known issues by VW. If your local dealer is "up to date" on their training, they can fix all these problems. I have had almost all the same issues and were resolved with a software update. The sqeaking brakes may not have a solution by VW yet.

· Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
All these problems you mentioned above, including the squeaking brakes are known issues by VW. If your local dealer is "up to date" on their training, they can fix all these problems. I have had almost all the same issues and were resolved with a software update. The sqeaking brakes may not have a solution by VW yet.
The solution to your brakes are 1) use them HARD every so often or 2) just replace the pads, they are less than $100 and an easy DIY.

· Registered
3 Posts
The airbag and radio issues have been every person I have spoken to who have this car. And I was meaning technically every single one has but statistically if it wasn’t a wider/larger across the board issue I would have met or spoken with someone who didn’t have this issue and I haven’t yet. Brakes and coolant just seem to have need to be replaced faster than any other vehicle I have had. I am also not mechanically inclined and just going off previous experience but my atlas has 15k miles on it. And I live in a mild climate area if that matters. The items I wanted to report just so I can be included in the tallies for possible recall. And so they can check to see if it is a recall necessary items is the airbag and radio issues.
You don't need brakes. There are dealers out there that will try to convince you do do all sorts of "stuff".

21 - 29 of 29 Posts