Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
My service technician informed me that an engineer at VW identified the root cause as an incorrect module distributed and installed in a number of vehicles. They're trying to figure out exactly what happened in order to determine the scope of impact and before they issue a TSB to replace the part that's causing the issue.

At least that's what they told me over the phone. I'm waiting until they've started to fix other vehicles before I bring mine in.
Hopefully they aren't just feeding you a line. If not, seems like a fix shouldn't be too far off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After reboots and software updates, VW is telling them to replace the radio. Its starting to be a known problem. Hopefully VW sends a radio that is verified to fix the problem before they ship it. I'm not expecting the problem to be fixed.
Hi… new 2022 Atlas owner… 10 days old. I just returned from the dealer because my whole infotainment system went out completely. No radio, navigation,Bluetooth/phone, backup camera….nothing is operable.
They have just informed me that they will be replacing the whole system. But is this really going to solve the issues? How will the software issue be addressed by just replacing the system itself? I’m very disappointed and upset by this situation and questioning my purchase. Besides this current issue, we love the vehicle and were very excited. But 10 days old is very concerning.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi… new 2022 Atlas owner… 10 days old. I just returned from the dealer because my whole infotainment system went out completely. No radio, navigation,Bluetooth/phone, backup camera….nothing is operable.
They have just informed me that they will be replacing the whole system. But is this really going to solve the issues? How will the software issue be addressed by just replacing the system itself? I’m very disappointed and upset by this situation and questioning my purchase. Besides this current issue, we love the vehicle and were very excited. But 10 days old is very concerning.
If the whole thing went out, then there is probably a defect but the nav car position wont be corrected. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having same issues with our 2022! So frustrating, the service department keeps saying it operates normaly. Called VW USA and started a complaint, they said they can’t do much if they dealer says there is nothing wrong. What can I do? My speculation why this hasn’t come up more w/VW is people just think they can’t figure out the Nav and revert to there phones navigation and never use the cars Nav again.

Additionally, does anyone have an air distribution problem/issue when selecting between air blowing from the (4) vents in dash to down on the floor. On mine when you select floor, the two outer vents continue to stay open and blow forcefully with current fan selected speed. They tell me “that’s the way it is”. Never seen any car do that! Even on the info screen when selecting climate it shows 4 red arrows simulating air coming out of the vents and when switching to floor it removes all 4 arrows and shows 2 arrows exiting the floor area? Anyone have this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Having same issues with our 2022! So frustrating, the service department keeps saying it operates normaly. Called VW USA and started a complaint, they said they can’t do much if they dealer says there is nothing wrong. What can I do? My speculation why this hasn’t come up more w/VW is people just think they can’t figure out the Nav and revert to there phones navigation and never use the cars Nav again.

Additionally, does anyone have an air distribution problem/issue when selecting between air blowing from the (4) vents in dash to down on the floor. On mine when you select floor, the two outer vents continue to stay open and blow forcefully with current fan selected speed. They tell me “that’s the way it is”. Never seen any car do that! Even on the info screen when selecting climate it shows 4 red arrows simulating air coming out of the vents and when switching to floor it removes all 4 arrows and shows 2 arrows exiting the floor area? Anyone have this?
I havent tried calling. I contact them via twitter messaging to @vwcares . They respond pretty quickly. Don't let the dealerships say its fixed bc VW never gets the message. All they see is that it was 'fixed'. These techs are only doing what their computer tells them to do, if VW shows no corrections then its 'working properly'. VW relies on the dealerships to fix problems but the dealerships are saying its 'fixed'. Its the circle of life and nothing gets corrected. A tech did tell us we should probably just use our phones. WTF

I havent notice a problem with AC vents but maybe just I havent needed to control the vents much.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts