Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st time buyer of VW. We're having problems with navigation not showing vehicle location. I've seen it posted here that its a known problem. We brought it to dealership this morning, they said it was fixed. As soon as we left the lot, we noticed nothing was fixed. Wasted 2 hrs and got nothing done. I've contacted VW care on Twitter to set up a new appointment and 'escalated the case'. Hopefully it all gets fixed soon. Its annoying AF.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just got a 22 SEL. Ours shows the location, but always puts the vehicle in the lower right hand quarter of the screen, not in the center like others I'm used to using. Anyone know if this is normal?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It shows the vehicle only when the compass is locked to North but the position is in the right hand quarter like you said. The other nav views like '3d', the vehicle is off screen. Its not working properly and needs to be fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It shows the vehicle only when the compass is locked to North but the position is in the right hand quarter like you said. The other nav views like '3d', the vehicle is off screen. Its not working properly and needs to be fixed.
YES! completely off the screen in 3D!! Thanks, I'll be calling the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me know if you have any luck. We're bringing ours back in on Thursday for them to try to fix it again.
No fix.

"Verified customer concern upon test drive. Checked software level and found to be up to date at SW805. Compared to like vehicle and found navigation display to be identical."

Seems like this will impact all of the 2022's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yuck. So nav is basically useless. wtf. It wont be fixed until every 2022 is brought in and complained about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought the car tonight and also having the same issue as others have reported. Dealer assured me it would be an easy fix with the technician tomorrow. Yeah, right.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After reboots and software updates, VW is telling them to replace the radio. Its starting to be a known problem. Hopefully VW sends a radio that is verified to fix the problem before they ship it. I'm not expecting the problem to be fixed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reboots and software updates, VW is telling them to replace the radio. Its starting to be a known problem. Hopefully VW sends a radio that is verified to fix the problem before they ship it. I'm not expecting the problem to be fixed.
If it works, I'll be sure to chase my dealer again. Any idea on an ETA?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts