Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first VW and after looking around at different cars, we decided to go with Atlas SE 4motion. This is the third day owning the car and we(me and the wife both)love it so far. However, we went to go grocery shopping and we just realized that the rear gate sits up over 6 feet up in the air, and you relly have to get a hold of it to bring it down.
i just wanted to let you know about this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why we opted for the SEL b/c we are both short. Is this something you didn't consider when buying?
Never thought about it. I always had the impression that it is not technology to be able to open the trunk. However, I do wish that salesman had mentioned this one. If i can not install a aftermarket one, will go and trade it for a ford. Which i should have done to begin with.

·
Registered
2019 VW Atlas SE 4 Motion w/ Technology
5 Posts
Are you saying the 2022 doesn't have a rear power lift gate? The 2019 SE w/ Tech opens with the key fob or touching the release handle and has a button to automatically lower it. Mine does not have the hands-free option. Nevertheless, it's no effort to raise or lower it. You can also set the lift height for a low garage ceiling, etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Never thought about it. I always had the impression that it is not technology to be able to open the trunk. However, I do wish that salesman had mentioned this one. If i can not install a aftermarket one, will go and trade it for a ford. Which i should have done to begin with.
At some point, the buyer needs to make sure the trim level they are buying has what they want. The Ford you mention will be the same...more basic models won't have it and more upper ends will. SE is basically lower-middle of the road trim. SE w/Tech package may have come with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you saying the 2022 doesn't have a rear power lift gate? The 2019 SE w/ Tech opens with the key fob or touching the release handle and has a button to automatically lower it. Mine does not have the hands-free option. Nevertheless, it's no effort to raise or lower it. You can also set the lift height for a low garage ceiling, etc.
Yes, unless I would have gotten the Sel model, the rest of the 2022 Atlases come without a Power liftgate.
The button on the key fob is to unlock it.
A piece of rope will do the job though.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
I believe folks are getting the SE and SE w/Tech trim levels confused here....SE doesn't have a power liftgate. Easy to just go the VW website and look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I believe folks are getting the SE and SE w/Tech trim levels confused here....SE doesn't have a power liftgate. Easy to just go the VW website and look.
Mine is the SE with the Tech Package and was listed as Deleted due to part shortage with a 400 dollar credit. We also had the discussion with the manager yesterday when I picked my car up. I'm not confused.

·
Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Mine is the SE with the Tech Package and was listed as Deleted due to part shortage with a 400 dollar credit. We also had the discussion with the manager yesterday when I picked my car up. I'm not confused.
I understand - the OP has a standard SE is what it sounds like so not deleted due to chip shortage, just not there to start with on that trim is my point. So folks with SE w/tech saying they have this isn't helping him if he has a regular SE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts