Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,268 Posts
Need help, have a 2022 4 cylinder turbo with 6500 miles since purchase has burnt 2 quarts of oil dealer says normal, is this true…Thanks, Bob
1) which oil is this using? VW508/0W20?
2) you need an accurate way to measure consumption - start by topping off (with the correct oil) to the top of the dip stick (when cold) and check every week.
3) some consumption is quite normal when a vehicle is new and with the lighter 0W20 oil (I think you have?) this can be exaggerated.

I would just start measuring it and keep track for the next ~5K miles and see where you land before you get too concerned. VW's manual (as well as any manufacturer I've seen manuals for) will often point to ~1 qt/1K miles as "normal" b/c it can vary and some use (towing, hard driving, etc.) will cause you to consume more oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2) you need an accurate way to measure consumption - start by topping off (with the correct oil) to the top of the dip stick (when cold) and check every week.
3) some consumption is quite normal when a vehicle is new and with the lighter 0W20 oil (I think you have?) this can be exaggerated.

I would just start measuring it and keep track for the next ~5K miles and see where you land before you get too concerned. VW's manual (as well as any manufacturer I've seen manuals for) will often point to ~1 qt/1K miles as "normal" b/c it can vary and some use (towing, hard driving, etc.) will cause you to consume more oil.

thanks I’ll try that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts