Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a new 2021 Atlas last month. After only a few days of driving it, we immediately began having trouble with the Infotainment system (main center console). Though the problems are intermittent, they include the speakers not working, back-up camera not working, voice navigation not working, radio stations suddenly changing when adjusting volume, and the WIFI, which has never worked, even though the system says WIFI is ON and phone(s) and are connected. After several visits to the dealership where the vehicle was purchased, and calls to VW (Corporate), it was determined there is a software issue, and the update needed to repair the issue is not available yet. Until VW has the update, the dealership cannot repair the problem. This was the statement from VW and the dealership. After researching the issue, it appears this is a common problem with this make, year, and model. Our vehicle has a bit over 800 miles on it. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Purchased a new 2021 Atlas last month. After only a few days of driving it, we immediately began having trouble with the Infotainment system (main center console). Though the problems are intermittent, they include the speakers not working, back-up camera not working, voice navigation not working, radio stations suddenly changing when adjusting volume, and the WIFI, which has never worked, even though the system says WIFI is ON and phone(s) and are connected. After several visits to the dealership where the vehicle was purchased, and calls to VW (Corporate), it was determined there is a software issue, and the update needed to repair the issue is not available yet. Until VW has the update, the dealership cannot repair the problem. This was the statement from VW and the dealership. After researching the issue, it appears this is a common problem with this make, year, and model. Our vehicle has a bit over 800 miles on it. Any suggestions?
There is an update that the dealer should have supported prior to your delivery related to the back-up campera. This update probably supports some of the other problems you are having.:
The Campaign Correction SAGA Code is 91BC.
Have your dealter perform this.
I have a 2021 Atlas CS, 4Motion, SEL, Premium, RLine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
There is an update that the dealer should have supported prior to your delivery related to the back-up campera. This update probably supports some of the other problems you are having.:
Thats, backup camera, not campera!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much your your response! I'll show the dealership this and let you know.
Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2021 Atlas’s check engine indicator lit up.
I took it to the dealership they found the fuel pump to be faulty and responsible for this. The fuel pump was replaced within a month that engine malfunction indicator has lit up again.

I have made service appointment again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2021 Atlas Premium and I have 7000 miles on mine. My radio periodically for no reason just stops playing at random times. I think too it is a software issue and have not taken the time to go to the dealership. This morning I stepped out of my vehicle, left it running opened the hatch and grabbed something, got back in and no radio. Figured when I got out in a bit to get gas and turned it back on it would start playing. Well, it didn't. This has been going on since about a month after I had it. I started to think maybe my phone had something to do with it, but didn't have my phone on me this morning. I guess I will make a visit to the dealership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I turned the vehicle back on something flashed on my screen about radio, but it was so fast I couldn't read it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same issues. I’ve been in 3 times and service says they can’t do anything. I traded in a 2019 that had NO problems with tech/entertainment system. Seems like the MIB3 is to blame.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been having the same problems including the phone not working through the system. They replaced the phone module after waiting 2 months for the part that temporarily fixed that part of the problem but we still had intermittent loss of radio and navigation audio, Another software reflash seemed to help for awhile but now the phone problem and intermittent loss of audio has started again. We have been back to the dealer multiple times but unless they can duplicate the problem they are saying there is nothing they can do. As expected it works fine when they have the SUV. We have provide a list of date and times of failure but that was ignored. We have been in touch with the region customer care representative who has been of no help. We have asked the region rep to escalate our problem to management so we will see what happens if anything. We have been a happy VW owner in the past so this is surprising on a $50k vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have been having the same problems including the phone not working through the system. They replaced the phone module after waiting 2 months for the part that temporarily fixed that part of the problem but we still had intermittent loss of radio and navigation audio, Another software reflash seemed to help for awhile but now the phone problem and intermittent loss of audio has started again. We have been back to the dealer multiple times but unless they can duplicate the problem they are saying there is nothing they can do. As expected it works fine when they have the SUV. We have provide a list of date and times of failure but that was ignored. We have been in touch with the region customer care representative who has been of no help. We have asked the region rep to escalate our problem to management so we will see what happens if anything. We have been a happy VW owner in the past so this is surprising on a $50k vehicle.
You can reset the infotainment computer by pushing and holding power button with ignition on engine not running, until you hear a click and fan run, then turn on vehicle and turn on radio.
Should resolve your issue, I had a 2021.5 SE with Tech, same thing, and it fixed those issues (My 2019 Turbo Beetle also did this, and fixed it too).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts