Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a used 2021 on a lot... dealership said it was traded in on a 21.5. Haven't heard details.

between 2021 and 21.5 on an SE 4motion, no sunroof, v6... what changes would have been implemented?

·
Registered
5 Posts
2021.5 get the new MIB3 infotainment unit on SE and SEL models with the main difference being wireless android auto and wireless apply car play.

The 2021.5 SEL also got Travel Assist and Emergency assist, but I don't think this applies to the SE.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so... my reading is... if you don't care about wireless android/carplay... who cares? or is the infotainment unit like loads better? better cpu or something?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sure there are more details on MIB3 vs MIB2 floating around on the web. I think the Navigation and Maps were improved along with the voice commands and USB-C ports. Probably some other UI tweaks too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
k. im not being flippant about it.. but the nav stuff i'm not worried about... plug in the phone and i'm gonna only be using android anyway. wired or wireless should be fine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Android auto on wireless drains my old phone's battery so fast I have to plug it in for trips longer than 20 minutes anyway. I don't think you'd miss out on anything, especially if you can save a few bucks on a 2021 model. Good luck!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Saw a used 2021 on a lot... dealership said it was traded in on a 21.5. Haven't heard details.

between 2021 and 21.5 on an SE 4motion, no sunroof, v6... what changes would have been implemented?
The Head unit was modified and indeed is much better, also the autonomous driving safety features have been added. Its excellent, I hav a 2021 Atlas CS, Premium, SEL V6 Rline and love it!!
Also, consumer reports dosnt give the Atlas very good reviews, they dont know what their talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts