Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new 2021 Atlas Se with the technology package and, like many others, after getting home discovered it had no Homelink. Kind of unbelievable but true. Very disappointed but nonetheless purchased the VW Homelink replacement mirror. Dealer will not install and wants to send me to an outside company to install for $150...

It seems this should be a fairly easy plug and play task and I am pretty handy. After searching the internet and YouTube, I cannot find any videos, tutorials or directions of any kind for the Atlas.

Has anyone done this and could you please give me some insight into this little venture.

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought a brand new 2021 Atlas Se with the technology package and, like many others, after getting home discovered it had no Homelink. Kind of unbelievable but true. Very disappointed but nonetheless purchased the VW Homelink replacement mirror. Dealer will not install and wants to send me to an outside company to install for $150...

It seems this should be a fairly easy plug and play task and I am pretty handy. After searching the internet and YouTube, I cannot find any videos, tutorials or directions of any kind for the Atlas.

Has anyone done this and could you please give me some insight into this little venture.

Theres other videos not of the atlas though of the homelink mirror being installed. I think lasthumansgarge has it on his youtube channel of him putting it on his GTI

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi 21BlankAtlaSETech
Welcome to the forum..
Yes I upgraded my 20 Cross Sport SEL tech, with the homelink morror. Sorry didn't think to record it. But it is plug and play, keep in mind the housing us plastic. You will need to pull to the side to release. I used plastic trim removal tool to pop the bottom out. Took a minute to pull it apart as there are interlocking tabs. Once the housing is free the morror twist off the mount. Be careful not to damage the mount as it houses the highbeam and auto wiper sensors. The plug will drop a little so you can release it. Just reverse the steps to install Homelink morror.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi 21BlankAtlaSETech
Welcome to the forum..
Yes I upgraded my 20 Cross Sport SEL tech, with the homelink morror. Sorry didn't think to record it. But it is plug and play, keep in mind the housing us plastic. You will need to pull to the side to release. I used plastic trim removal tool to pop the bottom out. Took a minute to pull it apart as there are interlocking tabs. Once the housing is free the morror twist off the mount. Be careful not to damage the mount as it houses the highbeam and auto wiper sensors. The plug will drop a little so you can release it. Just reverse the steps to install Homelink morror.
You have the part number for it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here is the part number.SKU:N031 | 000072548B. Picked it up at my local dealer had a 20% off coupon so set me back about $200.00. IF you did a little searching you could find for that or cheaper.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here is the part number.SKU:N031 | 000072548B. Picked it up at my local dealer had a 20% off coupon so set me back about $200.00. IF you did a little searching you could find for that or cheaper.
Im going this would work on my the one we are picking up soon. In Canada it isn't offered for some reason.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am pretty sure all North American models are compatible be North of the border or South. I think if we move overseas there would be compatibility issue. What model are you going with?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I would think that as well. Getting her 2021.5 white execline with r line package. Getting it with Mauro brown interior since we see we don't see a lot with brown interiors. There's a lot of black interior atlases just like having a different color contrast since the inside is so dark with having black.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lnwlf184 thank you for the information. I have good plastic trim removal tools. Question to save me any headaches or regret - when you removed the lower plastic piece did you pry down to separate it from the upper trim piece?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I knocked this out this morning and it was actually pretty simple. Took about 30 minutes. Used a plastic trim removal took and gently pried where the two trim pieces meet. The upper piece popped off quickly and simply. The lower piece took some more work. I had to gently pull out on the sides of the piece and it slipped off. Had a few moments of puckering as I did not want to break this piece. I was then able to unplug the power to the mirror and the mirror came off easily with about a 1/4 turn counterclockwise. Aligned the 4 little prongs of the new mirror in their appropriate slots and a 1/4 clockwise and it was up. Plugged the power cord back in and mirror was done. Hardest part was getting the trim pieces back in place. I installed the upper piece first and the lower one was a little bit of a stinker but with some gentle manipulation everything lined up and snapped into place.

So all in all not nearly as hard or scary as it sounded.

·
Registered
106 Posts

were you able to install the mirror

1 - 14 of 14 Posts