Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Atlas r line also and I just started having the same issue with the carnet app and the remote start key not working together. I have an appointment for august 16 at the dealer but I think I figured out how to fix it.
I completely wiped my phone information from CarPlay, removed my car from blue tooth (iOS) and removed my Siri commands (I never used them anyways) rebooted my phone and viola, remote start and carnet app worked again. I Will add CarPlay again and see if the issue persists. I do think it’s 100% the carnet app that gets in the way with the remote start function. But I’m not a
Mechanic, just a a stay at home mom so IDK 🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a 2021 Atlas r line also and I just started having the same issue with the carnet app and the remote start key not working together. I have an appointment for august 16 at the dealer but I think I figured out how to fix it.
I completely wiped my phone information from CarPlay, removed my car from blue tooth (iOS) and removed my Siri commands (I never used them anyways) rebooted my phone and viola, remote start and carnet app worked again. I Will add CarPlay again and see if the issue persists. I do think it’s 100% the carnet app that gets in the way with the remote start function. But I’m not a
Mechanic, just a a stay at home mom so IDK 🤷🏻‍♀️
let me know what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having the same issue. “Remote Start Not Possible” on the app and key fob wont start. Car was perfect for 7k miles now this, wheel noise and ac cent opening and closing noise.
Did you ever find the problem? Mine is doing and saying the same. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2020 Cross Sport I bought on March 4, 2020. The remote start worked flawlessly until about 6 weeks ago. The fob will still start the car but the app will not. The app works to lock and unlock and also turn the car off. I removed the app and reinstalled but that didn't help. This is very frustrating.
Any resolution. I have the same issue.... ask for passcode to ensure not in an enclosed area... middle a of field!

·
Registered
2021.5 Atlas CS SEL
15 Posts
Any resolution. I have the same issue.... ask for passcode to ensure not in an enclosed area... middle a of field!
I had the same issue a few weeks back. But it resolved on its own.

And my app always asks for the passcode before remote starting to ensure car isn't in a closed space. I've never had it not ask for the code.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same issue a few weeks back. But it resolved on its own.

And my app always asks for the passcode before remote starting to ensure car isn't in a closed space. I've never had it not ask for the code.
Wow, thanks
I just tried again and I get Vehicle command failed...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interestingly enough on this subject.. If you use remote start and then set a speed, the ACC creates a fault and shuts down. I learned to turn the car back off and then back on after remote start. I have 2000 miles on this car and I have a check engine light steady. This so reminds me of the only other new car I ever bought, a 1990 Buick Regal GS. It had to have the sending unit replaced. It had check engine lights all the time. This is so deja vu ...
that didn't work either...I tried your ACC also but no work...It is extremely frustrating....

41 - 50 of 50 Posts