Volkswagen Atlas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Did this ever get fixed. I have a 2021 Tiguan and i get an error Command Timeout for over 3 weeks. Several calls to Car-net and still they say the car shows offline since 3/5.
Hi- I commented several months ago that it resolved itself after a few weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well my 2021 that’s already had 2 ACC issues has now decided to not remote start either by FOB or CarNet. I hate this POS!!! Owned for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well my 2021 that’s already had 2 ACC issues has now decided to not remote start either by FOB or CarNet. I hate this POS!!! Owned for 6 weeks.
Got the car New in November and worked up until March. They say it showed me on line March 5th. So far it's been working but still going to bring it in for the dealership to check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having issues with remote start through the Car-Net app on my 2021 SEL Premium. Remote start/stop functions work fine with the key fob (well, minus the crappy range). The app will not allow me to remote start- I receive the notification "failed to get your paired devices." I can remote start using my key fob, and then remote STOP using the app, so the error message I'm receiving doesn't make sense. All other functions in the app work. I purchased this car brand new 3 weeks ago and was able to use remote start through the Car-Net app until this week. I'm not positive the last time I used remote start through the app, but I'm pretty sure it was last week. Any ideas how to fix this? I've signed out and back in, deleted the app and re-downloaded, disconnected my phone from my Atlas and re-connected. I can't find any info online around this issue and I would rather pull all of my teeth than make a phone call to Car-Net.
I have a 2021 Atlas cross sport 2 months old.The first issue I had was the lane assist start given me an error message saying it is unavailable. After driving the car for a bit it came back and haven’t had that issue again since. The new issue is with carnet. I keep getting notifications that either the car started or that the doors are unlocked. When I log in the app and refresh it gives me error that it couldn’t connect. The kicker is that all features on the app work even though I get this error message. Remote start , lights, locks. Everything works but the app keeps saying it may not have. It got me out of bed at 3 am because of A notification the the car has been unlocked. I got the same notification wile standing next to the car and knowing for sure that it is locked

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same carnet problem right now. Telling me my door is opened, unlocked. When in reality it’s sitting in my garage and when I try to refresh it, it times out

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue. 2020 atlas cross sport sel r line. The app was acting strange for about a week so I stopped using it. Tried today and it won't remote start with the app. I even tried both my key fobs and it won't start either. The only thing it will do is flash the lights when I press the button 2x. It goes to the shop tomorrow. Irritated because I haven't had it a full month yet but glad to know I'm not the only one having this issue.

·
Registered
154 Posts
something is wrong with the cars receiving unit, perhaps the gasoline float is not functioning, check your gas gauge, is it working? fill the tank up and try it again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had my 21 cross sport just a week when remote start stopped working! Brought it to dealer and all it took was tightening the fuel cap! 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having the same issue. “Remote Start Not Possible” on the app and key fob wont start. Car was perfect for 7k miles now this, wheel noise and ac cent opening and closing noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue. “Remote Start Not Possible” on the app and key fob wont start. Car was perfect for 7k miles now this, wheel noise and ac cent opening and closing noise.
Here is the fix: The dealer told me VW of America knows of this "Software Issue" (3 months ago) and is working on a fix. Its because the crusie control is not shut down. Temporary fix is you must turn off the Adaptive Crusie control before you shut down the car, then the remote App work every time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having issues with remote start through the Car-Net app on my 2021 SEL Premium. Remote start/stop functions work fine with the key fob (well, minus the crappy range). The app will not allow me to remote start- I receive the notification "failed to get your paired devices." I can remote start using my key fob, and then remote STOP using the app, so the error message I'm receiving doesn't make sense. All other functions in the app work. I purchased this car brand new 3 weeks ago and was able to use remote start through the Car-Net app until this week. I'm not positive the last time I used remote start through the app, but I'm pretty sure it was last week. Any ideas how to fix this? I've signed out and back in, deleted the app and re-downloaded, disconnected my phone from my Atlas and re-connected. I can't find any info online around this issue and I would rather pull all of my teeth than make a phone call to Car-Net.
I have similar issues but my app works the tiguan tells stopped communication 6 days ago and car net does not have a clue, and the dealer is just as confused

·
Registered
2 Posts
so tell me, has it ever worked?
initially mine never worked. So i took it into service and they had to order a part for the gas tank, that is a float and send a signal to the car that the fuel tank is full and therefore the remote start should work.
make sure your car has a full tank when you test.

Alan
same problem for me

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Tiguan delivered July 2020 and car-net worked but slow. Started to not recognize status of doors being locked or not. Would not lock doors but fob would. Did see if the windows or roof was left open then just stopped remote starting. Hope VW gets this sorted out because I like the App but won't replace my 2019 or 2020 with a volksie if they don't keep up with technology.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 Jetta that I JUST got and it's not recognizing the remote start. The VW dealer is saying that it's some sort of a tech issue and they won't do anything about it. Has anyone found a fix about it? I already disabled the android auto/apple auto because it kept crashing. Now this won't work!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have that same problem.... it appears that the app thinks it is in an enclosed area. The code is entered but it will not start.... error code...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes problem resolved, the dealership fixed the problem with removal and replacement of the fuel system float, in the process, they spilled fuel in my car and its very hard for the odor to dissapate, to say the least i am not happy. However, I purchased a, "Enoch Car Air Purifier with USB Car Charger 2-Port. Car Air Freshener Eliminate Odor, Dust, Pollen. Removes Smoke, Pet and Food Odor, Ionic Ozone. Ionic Car Deodorizer. Color-Black " from Amazon and am hopeful it will eliminate the fuel odor.
You can also try
Gas Off 100158 Gas and Diesel Removal Spray

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is the fix: The dealer told me VW of America knows of this "Software Issue" (3 months ago) and is working on a fix. Its because the crusie control is not shut down. Temporary fix is you must turn off the Adaptive Crusie control before you shut down the car, then the remote App work every time.
Interestingly enough on this subject.. If you use remote start and then set a speed, the ACC creates a fault and shuts down. I learned to turn the car back off and then back on after remote start. I have 2000 miles on this car and I have a check engine light steady. This so reminds me of the only other new car I ever bought, a 1990 Buick Regal GS. It had to have the sending unit replaced. It had check engine lights all the time. This is so deja vu ...

21 - 40 of 50 Posts